Options

My New Blog about Germany

JusticeiroJusticeiro Registered Users Posts: 1,177 Major grins
edited July 16, 2008 in Journeys
After acquainting my friends with the massive level of bizarreness I have been encountering, they suggested that I write a blog about it, knowing that my vastly overinflated ego leads me to believe that there couldn't possibly be anyone who wouldn't be fascinated by my life.

So far it's just got a general intro to what the blog is about, but
upcoming chapters will answer the burning questions you have always had about Germany, like:

-What is that stanky plastic "Biotonne" bin for?
-How come I am in Germany and all my neighbors are Turks?
-Why are these people naked all the time?
-Why do German apartment have no light fixtures?
-Why is it considered appropriate to tell new acquaintances all about your Urinary tract infection?

Here is the link!

Enjoy
Cave ab homine unius libri

Comments

• Options
    Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2008
    Hello Ryan clap.gif

Lots of Turks around huumm ?:D:D

How is the hot Latina ? Is she OK ?
    thumb.gifthumb:D:D
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2008
    Very cool, Ryan, when's the next installmentmwink.gif ?
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    edited July 14, 2008
    The Hot Latina is working like Crazy. I'm actually in New York for a week to fget the house sale all finalized. I think she like it, and she is closer to her family.

Hey Nik and Antonio, now that I have 50% more space, I await visitors. There's a lot of cool stuff to shoot around here.

So far I ahve a few articles planned for the blog. I need to work them up nice though. the next one might come out tomorrow, or in a few days.

One will deal with the trash situation. Which sounds boring, but trust me, its superweird. Trash is a weighty and angstridden problem here. Recycling is super complex and involves all sorts of deep metaphysical questions about the nature of material substances.

The other will deal with the unexpected co-ed naked shower that I took with Ms. Justi's work colleagues. That'll be a good one.

Then there is the propensity towards giving intimate medical/sexual details of your life to people that you have just met. Low context cultures vs. high context cultures.

Turks, obviously.

Oh yeah, I had to help a 90 year old stranger down the street who had fallen out of bed. His 85 year old wife dragged me in off the street.

The body hair article will not be as frutiful as I had thought, since my last trip to Germany I guess the mass viewing of Sex and the City has glammed it up a bit. That's alright, it was a cheap laugh anyway.

And I've only been there two weeks. Man this is going to be tough.
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2008
    Justiceiro wrote:
    ...And I've only been there two weeks. Man this is going to be tough.
    Man,
    that reminds me my first few months (if not years) in US.
    The was no bloggin' at the time, but I remember my own letters home...
    Cultural Shock is a rather accurate term I say:-) mwink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    marlofmarlof Registered Users Posts: 1,833 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2008
    That's a well written entry, Ryan, that promises a lot for future posts. I like the magnifiying look a stranger gives on daily rituals we don't even think about. And: it could have been worse. You could have studied Dutch (spoken in one and a half countries, and very small ones at that).
    enjoy being here while getting there
  • Options
    edited July 16, 2008
    Thanks for the kind words. I have enabled comments, so tell me what you think!
  • Options
    cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2008
    Yes, I too would like to know all about your misadventures. I'm at the edge of my seat about the furniture, no bags at the supermarket and I already knew they didn't have peanut butter... but would like to know your coping strategies.

Tell on!
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2008
    Interesting ! mwink.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    StanStan Registered Users Posts: 1,077 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2008
    I think you need to change your location rolleyes1.gif Its a great blog and i look forward to more

Stan