Shade: finals, part II

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited July 15, 2008 in People
What I like about dgrin challenges is that they give me some inspiration to do something completely non-challenge related. In this case, the "feathered" challenge turned into an ongoing project. Each new model sees the previous results, gets excited and really eager to outdo the predecessor.

1. Pink boa, black mask

332184139_zNyBf-X2.jpg

2. Green feathers, standing

332184554_irHEW-X2.jpg

3. Green mask, sitting

332184683_pRCqW-X2.jpg

4. Green feathers, sitting

332184720_foJuB-X2.jpg

Now, back to the chiffon...:-)

As I promised, a different version:

5. Flying colors

332184942_US6uW-XL.jpg

6. And of course I couldn't pass on the "sun goddess" pose:

332185018_PKJcf-XL.jpg

7. And you can also use it as a dress:

332185208_fszEq-X2.jpg

Finally, a couple more images from the "warrior princess" series, which seems to be almost everyone's favorite:

8. Are you talking to me?

331116857_bKWvo-X2.jpg

9. Armed and dangerous

331117478_BKK3x-XL.jpg

Enjoy! :thumb
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2008
    Heheheh some of those I said she had a good face on... and there they are... mwink.gif
  • Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2008
    comments
    Number 6 is my favorite. Number 1 has a blurry or very soft face...not doing it for me.

Over all, nice.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2008
    Ed911 wrote:
    Number 6 is my favorite. Number 1 has a blurry or very soft face...not doing it for me.

Over all, nice.
    Thanks, Ed!thumb.gif
  • evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2008
    I like #1, a lil blurry in the face and pink light maybe a 1/2 stop less.
    #2, thumb.gif
    So many options with all those lights.

7,8, and 9 I see what Urbanaries is talking about in Shade 1. If you lowered the flash and raised the ambient a bit, not even that much, I think it would be a bit nicer. Also, did you gel the flash because it appears to be leaning towards blue thanks to the low sun in these.

Sun Goddess is the winner!clap.gif
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
    edited July 15, 2008
    evoryware wrote:
    I like #1, a lil blurry in the face and pink light maybe a 1/2 stop less.
    I hear ya. I wasn't going for the face, though:-) mwink.gif

I have a more conventional angle of the same look:

332184103_ia4WJ-X2.jpg

#2, thumb.gif
    clap.gif
    7,8, and 9 I see what Urbanaries is talking about in Shade 1. If you lowered the flash and raised the ambient a bit, not even that much, I think it would be a bit nicer. Also, did you gel the flash because it appears to be leaning towards blue thanks to the low sun in these.
    I gelled two front flashes but forgot to gel the rim, and also had it on too high a power:bash, so yes, it was a mistake on my part, deal.gif hopefully not too big to ruin this look completely...rolleyes1.gif

Sun Goddess is the winner!clap.gif
    At least something:-) mwink.gif

Thank you for your time!thumb.gif
    edited July 15, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    I hear ya. I wasn't going for the face, though:-) mwink.gif

I have a more conventional angle of the same look:

332184103_ia4WJ-X2.jpg

I figured it was intentional, it has a stage play "Dreamgirls" lighting feel.
    Definitely room to run with. I would like the new one you posted more if she exaggerated the pose more.
    I gelled two front flashes but forgot to gel the rim, and also had it on too high a power:bash, so yes, it was a mistake on my part, deal.gif hopefully not too big to ruin this look completely...rolleyes1.gif

Nah it's not ruined, you may want to warm it a smidge in post though. clap.gif
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
    edited July 15, 2008
    evoryware wrote:
    I would like the new one you posted more if she exaggerated the pose more.
    That was a bit difficult to do, considering we both didn't want to skeet on a trashy side...Also she was wearing nothing but feathers, so she kinda had to hold those in place, which limited her mobility..
    Trust me we tried...mwink.gif
    Nah it's not ruined, you may want to warm it a smidge in post though. clap.gif
    I'll play with it, maybe do some "local warming" rolleyes1.gif
    edited July 15, 2008
    Nah not trashy or extreme, I mean like throw the knee out a little more than it already is: see sunshine goddess. mwink.gif

dak.smugmug.com
    edited July 15, 2008
    I have a hygiene question.

You are having these fabrics, masks, feathers cleaned in between model shoots, right? I don't like the idea of a new model's naked business rubbing up against the remainder of previous model's naked business.:sick
    edited July 15, 2008
    lol answer that in a private msg lol3.gif

dak.smugmug.com
    edited July 15, 2008
    I have a hygiene question.

You are having these fabrics, masks, feathers cleaned in between model shoots, right? I don't like the idea of a new model's naked business rubbing up against the remainder of previous model's naked business.:sick
    Good thing you're not a runway model...rolleyes1.gif
    edited July 15, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    Good thing you're not a runway model...rolleyes1.gif

We have our answer. Disgusting!

At least clean the fabric. Geez. Diseases of a hygienic and UNhygienic kind can get spread through contact. It's like swapping underroos.

Those poor runway models.
    edited July 15, 2008
    We have our answer. Disgusting!

At least clean the fabric. Geez. Diseases of a hygienic and UNhygienic kind can get spread through contact. It's like swapping underroos.

Those poor runway models.

And this is related to photography how? ear.gifmwink.gif
    edited July 15, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    And this is related to photography how? ear.gifmwink.gif
    STINKY DRAWERS = runway models = studio models = model photographer relationship = responsibility of photographer to model = make model look good = not endanger health of model so model can continue to look good in times to come = you and your stinky fabrics = Nikolai = phorographer = works with models = this thread.
    edited July 15, 2008
    STINKY DRAWERS = runway models = studio models = model photographer relationship = responsibility of photographer to model = make model look good = not endanger health of model so model can continue to look good in times to come = you and your stinky fabrics = Nikolai = phorographer = works with models = this thread.
    Laughing.gif, I guess it should be a part of MYOB then...rolleyes1.gif
    edited July 15, 2008
    I'm home now
    has that burlesque/pussy cat dolls feel to it. I like it, I think it's the color of it. I also like really weird angles, lets the viewer know that you are really trying.
    Not so fond, the lights in the shot and the green, the colour doesn't look so good on her. Her body looks huge and her head tiny. headscratch.gif
    I like her pose and the light is nice but I like the red and pink better.
    She looks like batgirl. It works a little bit more here because of all the shadows.
    not my thing
    I like the sun coming through the fabric and the landscape is really nice.
    The bg is really nice but she's not feeling it. That orange looks good on her though.
    8 and 9 I've already commented on. She's in her element and she looks good. Nice face and poses. Beautiful bg.

I like the uncovered flash. It throws shine on her skin. It's the same effect if she was wearing glitter or baby oil.
    edited July 15, 2008
    has that burlesque/pussy cat dolls feel to it. I like it, I think it's the color of it. I also like really weird angles, lets the viewer know that you are really trying.
    Not so fond, the lights in the shot and the green, the colour doesn't look so good on her. Her body looks huge and her head tiny. headscratch.gif
    I like her pose and the light is nice but I like the red and pink better.
    She looks like batgirl. It works a little bit more here because of all the shadows.
    not my thing
    I like the sun coming through the fabric and the landscape is really nice.
    The bg is really nice but she's not feeling it. That orange looks good on her though.
    8 and 9 I've already commented on. She's in her element and she looks good. Nice face and poses. Beautiful bg.

I like the uncovered flash. It throws shine on her skin. It's the same effect if she was wearing glitter or baby oil.

Thank you! thumb.gifbowdown.gif