Options

Finally got the call!!!

gman33gman33 Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
edited July 18, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Smugmug, EZ Prints and to the great forum users

Last night I received a call from a parent that I took pictures of their kids playing sports this year and they 'just had to call me" to tell me that the other parents were talking among themselves at various meetings, picnics etc about me and my services (SM & EZ Prints) and they could not stop raving about the quality of the prints and the "friendly service" that I provided.

Now, I have received various emails in the past with a thank you because each order I receive is followed-up by a personal email to the buyer (Thanks Andy) and this makes a difference so if you are not doing it, I would recommend doing it... but this is the first call about my service.

I certainly do not consider myself "a pro" but I do go beyond the typical effort to make parents happy. So now, some of these parents are on the school board and I am now getting asked to do more work...another big surprise. I do not do this to make a ton of money but as something fun to do, so receiving this call made all of the effort worth it to me. I have sold more prints than I could ever possibly imagine (shocking to me)...darn, need to fill out the paperwork too!!! :huh

So to Andy, Allen, Denise, Smugmug family, Ez-Prints, and the rest of the forum members who have answered questions, I thank you very much for making this possible for me to do.

This posting is nothing more than a thank you and I truly appreciate everything you have done and continue to do...it is fun!!

Thanks
Ed
Ed G - Philadelphia, PA
http://ergphoto.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    timnosenzotimnosenzo Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2008
    Hey Ed, good story--thank you for sharing!
  • Options
    AnneMcBeanAnneMcBean Registered Users Posts: 503 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2008
    gman33 wrote:
    Smugmug, EZ Prints and to the great forum users

Last night I received a call from a parent that I took pictures of their kids playing sports this year and they 'just had to call me" to tell me that the other parents were talking among themselves at various meetings, picnics etc about me and my services (SM & EZ Prints) and they could not stop raving about the quality of the prints and the "friendly service" that I provided.

Now, I have received various emails in the past with a thank you because each order I receive is followed-up by a personal email to the buyer (Thanks Andy) and this makes a difference so if you are not doing it, I would recommend doing it... but this is the first call about my service.

I certainly do not consider myself "a pro" but I do go beyond the typical effort to make parents happy. So now, some of these parents are on the school board and I am now getting asked to do more work...another big surprise. I do not do this to make a ton of money but as something fun to do, so receiving this call made all of the effort worth it to me. I have sold more prints than I could ever possibly imagine (shocking to me)...darn, need to fill out the paperwork too!!! eek7.gif

So to Andy, Allen, Denise, Smugmug family, Ez-Prints, and the rest of the forum members who have answered questions, I thank you very much for making this possible for me to do.

This posting is nothing more than a thank you and I truly appreciate everything you have done and continue to do...it is fun!!

Thanks
    Ed

Woo! clap.gif

Thanks for posting that. It made my day. :D

-Anne
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2008
    Made my day, too thumb.gif

bowdown.gifbowdown.gif
  • Options
    justusjustus Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2008
    Ease of Ordering
    I too, have had nothing but rave reviews about the quality of prints. I stopped offering matte and glossy and just stick to lustre. Everyone has been so happy!

Also, much appreciation for the timeliness in which SM got the website back up and running over the past weekend. I had 200+ photos to upload with customers waiting (and calling) and it was no time before things were back to normal.

Thanks again for a job well done!

Lindabowdown.gif
    Linda
    Justus Photography
    www.lindasherrill.com
  • Options
    MichaelKirkMichaelKirk Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2008
    nice
    Ed,
    I'm from your area - Kennett Square PA.
    I checked out your webiste (which I like) and your images are all very good.

A few items as an fyi....
    - I really think for the images you are offering your prices are too cheap! You may want to reconsider your pricing (including your downloads)
    - watermark your images
    - Not all that keen on the way your crop your images - go to purchase a standard sized 4x6 or 5x7 and the images generally don't fit. I would leave all your images in the standard 4x6/5x7 format.

Good work!
    Michael
  • Options
    gman33gman33 Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    Thank you all for the responses

@Michael

I actually signed your guestbook a while ago!!! Check out page two..I am the Ed from Bucks County

Thank you for the feedback on everything...I appreciate it. I will be increasing prices next year as I was trying to give the parents some breaks and I was just starting out last year...so maybe upgrade is needed.

For the pictures, were you looking at the sports ones or the generic ones...places, people, etc? I know those are small and really no interest from people on buying those yet...if on the sports, I try to crop and upsize so they fit..will have to check because no complaints received yet eek7.gif

But thank you again...also look for C&C...really like your cycling shots!!!!

Thanks again SM!!!!

Ed
    Ed G - Philadelphia, PA
    http://ergphoto.smugmug.com