Options

photoshop files for smugmug

yooperdooperyooperdooper Registered Users Posts: 231 Major grins
edited July 16, 2008 in Finishing School
when submitting photos to smugmug what is the best file size and format to use? i shot my pictures in both jpeg and raw with my 30d.also, i made a panorama photo out of 4 photos .when i went to view it in the photoshop catelog there was a message "file size too large to open".the photos were shot in raw?do i need to change the file format?any suggestions would help,thanks john

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited July 15, 2008
    when submitting photos to smugmug what is the best file size and format to use? i shot my pictures in both jpeg and raw with my 30d.also, i made a panorama photo out of 4 photos .when i went to view it in the photoshop catelog there was a message "file size too large to open".the photos were shot in raw?do i need to change the file format?any suggestions would help,thanks john
    While you can upload RAW files for backup using SmugVault, photos uploaded for display in your galleries must be .jpg.

See http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-quality for help with the file sizes.

I'm not sure what you're asking with the file too large to open in photoshop since that doesn't sound like it's related to smugmug.

--- Denise
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2008
    File Prep Tips:
    http://wiki.smugmug.net/display/SmugMug/File+Preparation

:)

Essentially: Save as JPG, level 10, in photoshop and you'll be fine thumb.gif

Use sRGB.
  • Options
    edited July 15, 2008
    changing from raw to jpeg
    hi denise:i learned alittle about resolution from reading the link you presented.i still don't know how to change my raw pictures to jpeg.any advise would be welcome.thanks john.
  • Options
    edited July 15, 2008
    raw to jpeg
    i checked the file format on some of my pictures and most of them were jpeg2000.... a few were jpeg(jpl.jpeg,jpc....etc),ifound this thru "save as" under the editor.the pictures were taken in raw.am i ready to submit the pictures to smugmug? thanks
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2008
    i checked the file format on some of my pictures and most of them were jpeg2000.... a few were jpeg(jpl.jpeg,jpc....etc),ifound this thru "save as" under the editor.the pictures were taken in raw.am i ready to submit the pictures to smugmug? thanks
    .jpg pls, not jpeg2000.

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited July 16, 2008
    opening large file sized photo
    i have a picture that is 210 mb and 13,727x3,605.photoshop elements6 will not open it.'file size too large".it is a panorama.the picture is presented in the editor with an irregular border.any suggestions?