Fall at Long Lake

Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
edited July 18, 2008 in Landscapes
The Adirondacks are beautiful year round (except in May and June when the black flies are out)! I had a cabin up here for many years boating in summer and snowmobiling in the winter. Hope you appreciate the beauty as much as I do and that you one day have a chance to visit,
C&C much appreciated.

307302231_my5dP-L.jpg

281203837_2EkiH-L.jpg

281591691_9CoxA-L.jpg

240968821_Mzb69-L-1.jpg

281209815_9GwYy-L.jpg

Jack
(My real name is John but Jack'll do)

Comments

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2008
    It looks like a beautiful place to vacation. I like #2 the best thumb.gif
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2008
    Thanks Mary Kim. It really is beautiful, especially so in the fall. #2 my favourite as well.

Jack
  • jsmileyjsmiley Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2008
    Jack

Very nice series of photographs,thumb.gif I love the water and fall colors. Where is long lake in relations to Glen Falls?
    At present I have plans to be in Glen Falls the last week of September
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2008
    jsmiley wrote:
    Jack

Very nice series of photographs,thumb.gif I love the water and fall colors. Where is long lake in relations to Glen Falls?
    At present I have plans to be in Glen Falls the last week of September

Long Lake (the town & lake) is about 25 miles north on I-87 and then about 15 miles of westerly meandering followed by 33 miles on NY 28N. Mapquest says it'll take about 1hr and 35 min. It's well worth the trip. The Adirondack Hotel has a nice casual dining area overlooking the lake as well as a nice more formal dining room. It's a turn of the century wood frame building. Be sure to stop in Hoss's General Store (lots of neat stuff). Also get directions to Buttermilk Falls just outside of town. On the road to the fallsbut beyond them check out Forked Lake campground (very picturesque). From Long Lake you can take about a 30 min. drive to Blue Mountain Lake, another picturesque lake/town. A ways south of that lies the village of Old Forge with several nice antique shops and much larger than LL and BML (which is not saying much :D)
    You might want to take a tour of Sagamore (an Adirondack Great Camp that belonged to the Vanderbilts) Info on Sagamore is here

Jack
  • jsmileyjsmiley Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    Jack'll do wrote:
    Long Lake (the town & lake) is about 25 miles north on I-87 and then about 15 miles of westerly meandering followed by 33 miles on NY 28N. Mapquest says it'll take about 1hr and 35 min. It's well worth the trip. The Adirondack Hotel has a nice casual dining area overlooking the lake as well as a nice more formal dining room. It's a turn of the century wood frame building. Be sure to stop in Hoss's General Store (lots of neat stuff). Also get directions to Buttermilk Falls just outside of town. On the road to the fallsbut beyond them check out Forked Lake campground (very picturesque). From Long Lake you can take about a 30 min. drive to Blue Mountain Lake, another picturesque lake/town. A ways south of that lies the village of Old Forge with several nice antique shops and much larger than LL and BML (which is not saying much :D)
    You might want to take a tour of Sagamore (an Adirondack Great Camp that belonged to the Vanderbilts) Info on Sagamore is here
    Jack:ivar :ivar
    Thanks for the info...