Desolation....

crashmastercrashmaster Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
edited July 16, 2008 in Landscapes
I'm learning a little bit more everytime I visit the great images on dgrin. I'm slowly learning, but dont have much worthy of showing, but here is one image. Sometimes this shot speaks to me, then other times it doesnt do much for me. Depends on my mood I guess. I seem to have a very hard time getting an eye for interesting landscape shots. Comments/critique appreciated.

Badwater.jpg
Canon 40D
SBIG STL-11000
Alta U16M

Comments

• geospatial_junkiegeospatial_junkie Registered Users Posts: 707 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2008
    It looks like something straight out of "Mad Max and the Thunderdrome"!

I can see you deliberately framed the shot to follow the rule of thirds and that's great. Do you have a polarizer? If so, then that would have helped this shot a lot. If not, then go get one!thumb.gif

I agree with your title... it looks very desolate. I think you are on the right path though!
    "They've done studies you know. Sixty-percent of the time, it works every time."

My Website
    My Photo Blog
    Twitter Feed
  • crashmastercrashmaster Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited July 15, 2008
    Thanks for the input. I needed to get the bike a little more toward the right I think. What kind of polarizing filter would you recommend?
    Canon 40D
    SBIG STL-11000
    Alta U16M
    edited July 15, 2008
    Tiffen circular polarizer. You'll need the right filter size so check what mm your lens(es) are. If you have different sizes of lenses then by a filter for the largest lens and buy step up rings for the other lenses.:D
    "They've done studies you know. Sixty-percent of the time, it works every time."

My Website
    My Photo Blog
    Twitter Feed
  • crashmastercrashmaster Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited July 16, 2008
    Thanks!
    Canon 40D
    SBIG STL-11000
    Alta U16M
    edited July 16, 2008
    np!:D

My Website
    My Photo Blog
    Twitter Feed