Thinking of Rachel...

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited July 19, 2008 in People
This young lady is an often photographed subject of mine over the years. She is currently hospitalized, and I was thinking of her today. I hope no one minds...as some may be reposts.

Here's to Rach!

1-
272056513_SEaQQ-M-2.jpg

2-
272056829_wxHFt-M-2.jpg

3-
272048784_HPFzK-M-2.jpg

4-235190531_DJPHi-M.jpg

5-
255292999_azAsQ-M.jpg

6-
255304892_3ARin-M.jpg

7-
235503356_R4fcH-M.jpg

8-
208261103_RHbCQ-M.jpg

Comments

• nicoleshillidaynicoleshilliday Registered Users Posts: 549 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2008
    Stunning, great collection of her! clap.gif
    Nicole
    D3, and other Nikon goodies
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • len20len20 Registered Users Posts: 105 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2008
    As far as the photos #6 is my favorite. I really like the desaturation. As far as the girl, I pray that she is dealing with a health problem from which she can recover soon.
    Canon 5d mii, Canon 50mm f/1.8, 35mm 1.4L, 70-200mm IS L
  • JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2008
    I pray that she recovers quickly from what has caused her to be hospitalized.

She is a real beauty.
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2008
    Stunning, great collection of her! clap.gif

Thanks,

...and this isn't even really scratching the surface. She is a true camera ham.
    edited July 15, 2008
    len20 wrote:
    As far as the photos #6 is my favorite. I really like the desaturation. As far as the girl, I pray that she is dealing with a health problem from which she can recover soon.

Thanks, I appreciate that.
    edited July 15, 2008
    I pray that she recovers quickly from what has caused her to be hospitalized.

She is a real beauty.

She is absolutely gorgeous. I am sure she will recover soon, but it is the last place I expected her to be right now. Thanks for your prayers.
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2008
    My absolute favorite of your subjects. She has such a unique look, and really knows how to work the camera. She's got one of those faces that is hard to forget.

I feel like i know her thru your awesome captures of her, and send all my best thoughts and wishes to her speedy recovery.

Get well (and back in front of Jeff's Camera) soon, Rachel!
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
    edited July 15, 2008
    urbanaries wrote:
    My absolute favorite of your subjects. She has such a unique look, and really knows how to work the camera. She's got one of those faces that is hard to forget.

I feel like i know her thru your awesome captures of her, and send all my best thoughts and wishes to her speedy recovery.

Get well (and back in front of Jeff's Camera) soon, Rachel!

Laughing.gif... many of them won't be back in front of my camera until they get married. My daughter has been after me to get some shots of her and one of the girls before they go off to seperate colleges.

We have a whole new crop of young ladies this year. I was contacted this week by the Dance team coach at the High School...and am supposed to also be doing the cheerleading portraits for the football program. I miss the ones who grew up with my daughter though....kinda weird having them busting through the back door every other day for years...and then....nothing!

Anyway, I have sent you a PM since you have made room for new ones!:D

Thanks for you kind thoughts and words.
  • NaKarpoVNaKarpoV Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited July 15, 2008
    Really nice looking portraits. I like the expression and softness of lightning. My favourite is number 1, it just look special to me.
  • ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2008
    I hope she is ok and nothing serious! I remember seeing her in a lot of your photos, and i remember some of those you've posted.
    Speedy recovery to the girl, and i know how you feel when it's time for them to go on their own. Tough!
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2008
    I remember her from your other posts--very distinctive and beautiful girl. This is a lovely collection of her. I hope she recovers soon!
    edited July 15, 2008
    NaKarpoV wrote:
    Really nice looking portraits. I like the expression and softness of lightning. My favourite is number 1, it just look special to me.

Thanks! and welcome to Dgrin!
  • RhinotheruntRhinotherunt Registered Users Posts: 363 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2008
    Jeff,
    I am sure no one minds. Thank for sharing. Hope all is well.
    Ryan McGill

My Gear
  • WildWallyWildWally Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2008
    What a very photogenic woman !!!:D

Yopu captured her smiles well . I wish the best in her recovery ..
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2008
    I never mind seeing reposts of yours. They are always stunning. I hope that she recovers quickly!
    edited July 16, 2008
    Thanks everyone. She is not out of the woods by a long shot and will bear close watching for at least a few months, but she is on her way home right this minute!

Thanks for your kind remarks, wishes, and prayers.
  • evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    I really really thought I responded to this a couple days ago. I had typed that
    I hoped she got better soon and that she was very pretty and that #6 is my favorite picture from you of all the pictures I've seen you post on dgrin.
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
    edited July 19, 2008
    evoryware wrote:
    I really really thought I responded to this a couple days ago. I had typed that
    I hoped she got better soon and that she was very pretty and that #6 is my favorite picture from you of all the pictures I've seen you post on dgrin.

#6 has been quite popular with everyone on the forum....and anal me can't get past the feeling that I blasted her too harshly with the flash.

The car was perfect for the costume though...and I definately would like to have a similar opportunity. Thanks for the well wishes!
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2008
    Beautiful girl, beautiful shots, speedy recovery