My Boyfriend

ripitupalistyleripitupalistyle Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
edited April 19, 2005 in People
I took this picture by the beach yesterday. How does it look?? I know things need to be improved. i just need help :) thanks!:):

Comments

• rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2005
    If it were me i would have shot with a smaller aperture to reduce distraction in the busy background. I like the pose. I probably would make some slight adjustments in photoshop...Brightness etc.

But the composition of the picture I think is greatthumb.gif
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited April 19, 2005
    rahmonster wrote:
    If it were me i would have shot with a smaller aperture to reduce distraction in the busy background. I like the pose. I probably would make some slight adjustments in photoshop...Brightness etc.

But the composition of the picture I think is greatthumb.gif

15524779-Ti.gif
  • Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2005
    I took this picture by the beach yesterday. How does it look?? I know things need to be improved. i just need help :) thanks!:):
    I noticed that the white balance was a little off and and i added a tad of contrast. See if this looks better.

The quick way to adjust the white balance in post is using levels/curves. Choose the middle eyedropper tool and click around in a area of the pic that should be grey. Keep clicking til you find the balance you want - in this case I used the post on the very right of the pic behind his head.

Hope that helps!
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2005
    I agree with others mostly
    And I took the liberty of tweaking it a little:

20047000-L.jpg

I liked the skin color, but the backgrund seemd a bit bland and too sharp.
    So I blurred the background, boosted its dynamic range with curves and slightly sharpened the face.

I didn't have a lot of time to go for every detail, so please excuse the flaws..

HTH
    "May the f/stop be with you!"