Options

Beach

ripitupalistyleripitupalistyle Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
edited April 19, 2005 in Landscapes
I took this also at the beach yesterday. I cropped it but i think the lighting may be a bit harsh but that may just be me ;) thanks:D

Comments

• Options
    Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2005
    I like the perspective of this picclap.gif There are a few things that aren't exactly right but are easily fixable. 1. With the pier on the right side it creates a more dramatic pic. When you look at the pic you generally don't want you subject at the left edge. The reason for this is, for me at least, when I see the subject right away I tend to not look at the rest of the photo. So if you want people to examine the whole photo try capturing you subject more towards the right. 2. If you look at the horizon line of the water it is crooked. Both of these are easily fixed with most photo processing programs. I hope you don't mind but I tweaked this in Photoshop elements 3 to illustrate my point:

3436%3A%3B5523232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2338%3D6%3A%3B%3D377%3DXROQDF%3E23238347%3A86%3A2ot1lsi

To place your subject on the left simply flip the photo horizontally. To adjust the horizon most programs feature a straighten horizon feature that you can use. PSE3 horizon straightener isn't the best but does allow a custom setting that I used here. Hope this is helpful and clear to understand. Keep shooting and asking for advice, especially here, as everyone is very helpful and knowledgeable

Eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com