Options

Nissan/Infiniti cars (HDR's mostly)

DI-JoeDI-Joe Registered Users Posts: 368 Major grins
edited July 21, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
So as of late as you might have noticed I've been shooting predominately cars. And my customers LOVE my HDR style. It totally blows their minds. Anyway, here's a selection of some of my fav's from my HDR set, I still have like 190 or so non-HDR to go through. So I'm not a one-trick poney, but HDR's for me are the money makers. See the whole gallery here. enjoy:

331425444_BMrz8-L.jpg

331559561_gkbY5-L.jpg

331425991_YN2WB-L.jpg

331426769_x5eae-L.jpg

331427080_bMykV-L.jpg

331562848_eAfCo-L.jpg

331558361_ci8Hw-L.jpg

331427980_EQ5jV-L.jpg

thanks for looking, enjoy!
Modus Imagery
Moving away from photography and into cinema. PM me if you have questions about DSLR workflow or production questions.
Film Reel: http://vimeo.com/19955876

Comments

• Options
    edited July 17, 2008
    I guess you all are getting tired of my her insanity?
    Modus Imagery
    Moving away from photography and into cinema. PM me if you have questions about DSLR workflow or production questions.
  • Options
    cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2008
    I think your treatment is pretty cool, and you obviously know how to take a great shot of a car...but I think you need to work on location and background. I understand you are basically taking shots where the cars are, but if you can get the cars to go to a pre-set location or, somewhere with a blank wall, you could go from interesting to outstanding.

love the garage shot
  • Options
    edited July 17, 2008
    cmason wrote:
    I think your treatment is pretty cool, and you obviously know how to take a great shot of a car...but I think you need to work on location and background. I understand you are basically taking shots where the cars are, but if you can get the cars to go to a pre-set location or, somewhere with a blank wall, you could go from interesting to outstanding.

love the garage shot

Yeah. I know. It was a car meet. There was no other locations in the lot where the meet was being held. Thank for your kind words. :)
    Modus Imagery
  • Options
    jpljpl Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
    edited July 17, 2008
    I like the garage shot too. I think it is the cord for the lamp on the right side under the exit sign... it looks like it moved during your multiple exposures (I assume multiple exposure HDR) and looks kinda like lightning. I find that distracting. Otherwise I really like the garage shot.
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2008
    These are beautiful ! loved the treatment and cars too :D
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    JDEORTAJDEORTA Registered Users Posts: 144 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2008
    I like them a lot! is that treatment done in Photoshop? I'm taking photos of a friends Ducati and would like to give that treatment a try if you don't mind sharing some info on it. Thanks.
    Jose D.
    Canon 40D
    EF 28-135 IS USM
    Speedlight 580EX II

www.deortaphotography.com
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2008
    Ive fought HDR for a long time & im beginning to weaken. These are nice. I think its only time now until i have been transformed & start posting some myself. That photo of the workshop would normally be particularly uninteresting to me normally but ive found myself sitting here staring into it...its a photo i cant stop looking at. Out of curiosity though ..what is the small lightning bolt coming out of the 'exit' sign.

I think its because i love dark..contrasty photos that im turning. HDR certainly have that.
  • Options
    IPClarkIPClark Registered Users Posts: 2,355 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2008
    Absolutley beautiful shots. I would love to know which particular HDR application you used and maybe a little info on the process.
  • Options
    hschlessphotohschlessphoto Registered Users Posts: 207 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2008
    jimmyjojo wrote:
    these are stunning, ireally need to learn how to do this

word. Do you have any tutorials anyone??

these shots are fantastic. i agree that the garage is one i can't get my eyes off of. I love infinitis...so that makes it even better haha
    www.hankschlessphoto.com

Follow me on Instagram! @hankschlessphoto

Nikon D90, 85mm f/1.8, 18-70mm f/3.5, 70-300mm f/4.5, Nikon SB-800, MX-600 tripod