Sunset, water and old wood

bryanj87bryanj87 Registered Users Posts: 859 Major grins
edited July 17, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
We were fortunate enough to have a spectacular sunset last night. I captured these. (I didn't think they were really landscapes.) Comments and suggestions welcomed. Thanks for looking!

2673191734_222c3c6f6c_o.jpg
2673191688_5c4d1b09d7_o.jpg

Comments

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2008
    I like....but if you crop down a bit on the first one...it will look like two people...one with its legs spread somewhat standing in the water.
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2008
    Dogdots wrote:
    I like....but if you crop down a bit on the first one...it will look like two people...one with its legs spread somewhat standing in the water.

Good eye Mary Kim. I tried it and it certainly does look like two people. I like them too but I prefer the uncentered comp of the second shot.

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2008
    Jack'll do wrote:
    Good eye Mary Kim. I tried it and it certainly does look like two people. I like them too but I prefer the uncentered comp of the second shot.

Yeah..I see why you picked that one...off centered, etc., but the stick people are neat :D
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2008
    i like the water surface in #1 and the hole in one post in #2 is cool....

great photographs
    Aaron Nelson
  • bryanj87bryanj87 Registered Users Posts: 859 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2008
    Thanks for the comments, folks. Yes, it does look like legs if you crop it down.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2008
    bryanj87 wrote:
    We were fortunate enough to have a spectacular sunset last night. I captured these. (I didn't think they were really landscapes.) Comments and suggestions welcomed. Thanks for looking!

Both shots look good Bryan, one a little darker than the other.
    I prefer the tonings of the first shot myself.

Bet the sky looked real pretty to cast those colours on the water like that.
    Lovely post thumb.gif ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2008
    I don't know about you folks but I'm in love with the reflection in number 1. I prefer #1 in general. Ithink the wood piece on the right looks like a little kid looking up to an adult and asking "Why?" over and over and over again.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2008
    Beautiful pictures my favorite is 1st one
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery