Options

tulips?? where to spot them ?

SmitcySmitcy Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
edited April 20, 2005 in Landscapes
where can i see the most variety of tulips in New York City this Spring..?? or maybe North east US??Actually wanted to go Skagit Valley but time and money not letting me do so....:)

Comments

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,189 moderator
    edited April 19, 2005
    Smitcy wrote:
    where can i see the most variety of tulips in New York City this Spring..?? or maybe North east US??Actually wanted to go Skagit Valley but time and money not letting me do so....:)
    Best place I know of in the U.S. is the Holland, Michigan Tulip Festival. Millions of 'em. Not exaggerating. Here is a shot of their famous windmill, sans the tulips (out of season when we were there a couple years ago).

holland.jpg

Next to that, and more local to me in Illinois, and quite a lot smaller of a festival... The Long Grove Chocolate Festival. Not billed at that one is the Tulips, which the downtown has planted everywhere. In fact, I think it's a law there or something. The chocolate ain't bad either. :D
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2005
    how about the nybg?
  • Options
    JamieCJamieC Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2005
    Should you end up in Ottawa Canada, we have a HUGE tulip festival: http://www.tulipfestival.ca/

Jamie
  • Options
    SmitcySmitcy Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited April 20, 2005
    where am i going ??
    Thanks Dave, Andy and Jamie..

I cant go skagit valley as it is far away and my dw has nothing to do there and she'd get mad ...No doubt about it ..

Then Holland , we were there this past fall, she isnt gonna be interested and i am also not that keen...

Ottawa the place i should have gone if not for my trip to India in a month

So NYBG is the place to go this spring....