Stop running this script?

PeterGarPeterGar Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
edited July 18, 2008 in SmugMug Support
This is very inconvenient. I have a Smugmug Pro account and am running Vista SP1 with IE 7 and the latest version of Java. I have a shopping cart with 300 4x6 prints. As I go through the order and adjust the crop on selected items, I click "Save Crop", am returned to the shopping cart, and I immediately get the following error:

Windows Internet Explorer<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Stop running this script?<o:p></o:p>
A script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive. <o:p></o:p>

I then click No three times consecutively for Smugmug to display the newly cropped thumbnail and to return me completely to the shopping cart. Alternatively, I can click Yes once, but after clicking Yes after saving a number of crops, it eventually stop responding.

This is really slowling me down in getting my order of 300 prints submitted. I need this error to go away so that I can fly through this order faster. I would hate to think that my clients have the same issues.

Please help. I need to get this order processed and delivered ASAP! Thanks.

Comments

• bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 17, 2008
    PeterGar wrote:
    This is very inconvenient. I have a Smugmug Pro account and am running Vista SP1 with IE 7 and the latest version of Java. I have a shopping cart with 300 4x6 prints. As I go through the order and adjust the crop on selected items, I click "Save Crop", am returned to the shopping cart, and I immediately get the following error:

Windows Internet Explorer<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    Stop running this script?<o:p></o:p>
    A script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive. <o:p></o:p>

I then click No three times consecutively for Smugmug to display the newly cropped thumbnail and to return me completely to the shopping cart. Alternatively, I can click Yes once, but after clicking Yes after saving a number of crops, it eventually stop responding.

This is really slowling me down in getting my order of 300 prints submitted. I need this error to go away so that I can fly through this order faster. I would hate to think that my clients have the same issues.

Please help. I need to get this order processed and delivered ASAP! Thanks.
    Hi Peter,

Sorry you're having problems. I'm looking into it. There theoretically should be no reason that IE is throwing a slow script error, we're not doing any looping or recursive stuff when you save a crop. Hopefully something will stick out and its not just IE being its usual awful self.

Unfortunately my only advice at this time, and I know its not what you want to hear, is to use Firefox or Safari.

Again my apologies and i'm investigating this right this second.
    Pedal faster
  • PeterGarPeterGar Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2008
    bigwebguy wrote:
    Hi Peter,

Sorry you're having problems. I'm looking into it. There theoretically should be no reason that IE is throwing a slow script error, we're not doing any looping or recursive stuff when you save a crop. Hopefully something will stick out and its not just IE being its usual awful self.

Unfortunately my only advice at this time, and I know its not what you want to hear, is to use Firefox or Safari.

Again my apologies and i'm investigating this right this second.

Thanks. It seems to be a non-issue in Firefox. clap.gif
  • MontecMontec Registered Users Posts: 823 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    Just for your info

I get this on my page in IE7 when accessing SM galleries, I don't get with FF.
    Cheers,
    Monte
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    Montec wrote:
    Just for your info

I get this on my page in IE7 when accessing SM galleries, I don't get with FF.
    Your issue was self-inflicted, sorry to say :) You had this:

****** http-equiv="imagetoolbar" content="no">
    ****** http-equiv="imagetoolbar" content="false">

in your footer JS. I removed it and all is well (it belongs in your head tag, and I fixed it there for you).

All fixed and no IE errors anymore.