Options

FS: Nikon D3

ToshTosh Registered Users Posts: 76 Big grins
edited August 18, 2008 in Nikon Land
I have a D3 in mint+ condition with 5836 shots (checked via Opanda).
It’s a USA model with box and all that's originally included therein. The only item I can’t provide is the freebie copy of NX. I will provide a copy of the sales receipt ( 3/14/08 from authorized Nikon dealer J&R in NYC). I'm the second owner of this D3. It performs flawlessly, never so much as a hiccup. It truly is an amazing piece of technology. No marks on the body. I purchased and installed the GGS clear rigid protector for rear and top lcd’s.

Here's a gallery containing some shots from the D3: http://GTIkeda.smugmug.com/gallery/5449463_uFe6J/1/333159405_A4a89
I’ll take some shots of the body during daylight tomorrow and add them to the above gallery.

I ‘m looking to get $4200. I will include shipping to a CONUS location in that price. Paypal echeck, postal money order, or personal check are preferred to avoid the large fees on this big ticket item. If you wish to pay with regular Paypal, you’ll have to cover the fees.

I’m selling my D3 because I have no immediate need to use my D3 this summer. I bought the D3 to use for indoor gymnastics and it’s performed wonderfully. The Nikon lens that works best for gymnastics is the 200vr, but when that lens is paired with the D3, it creates a very large and heavy package. I generally prefer a smaller, lighter and more discrete rig. I am curious to see what Canon will be unveiling over the next couple of months. My gymnastics season doesn’t start up again until mid-November, so I have time to see how the camera body landscape shapes up by then. A new Canon body with Canon’s smaller 135 prime? The D700 with the 200vr, or perhaps some newly announced Nikon primes? I’ll have to see. If I sell the D3 now, I’ll have the funds to act quickly later.

I've sold lots of gear on Miranda, the old Galbraith, Nikonians, Photo.net and Nikon Cafe over the past several years (user name Tosh). My eBay user name is Daddybowaddy (compliments of my then 4 year old daughter). I have a 100% rating there on 95+ mostly photographic transactions.
The best way to contact me is through email: gtikeda at gmail.com.

I also have a mint+ condition Kirk L-bracket for the D3. It will be $145 if purchased by the buyer of the camera (first dibs). I won’t sell the L-bracket to anyone else until after the camera sells. The price for purchasing the L-bracket only will be $155 shipped to CONUS.

Comments

• Options
    MJRPHOTOMJRPHOTO Registered Users Posts: 432 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2008
    Is this still for sale?
    www.mjrphoto.net
    Nikon D4, Nikon D3, Nikon D3
    Nikon 14-24 f2.8, Nikon 24-70 f2.8, Nikon 70-200 f2.8 VR II, Nikon 50 f1.8, Nikon 85 f1.4
    Nikon 300 f2.8 VR, Nikon 200-400 f4.0 VR II, Nikon 600 f4.0 II, TC-1.4, TC 1.7, TC 2.0
    (1) SB-800, (2) SB-900, (4) Multi Max Pocket Wizards