Learned to Ride...

shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
edited July 18, 2008 in People
My oldest daughter just taught her little sister to ride without training wheels today. A photo to celebrate! She is one happy little camper.

333336935_Ypt4t-L.jpg

Comments

• joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    that is what it is all about--capturing the memories. Pretty soon they grow up and are making photos with you and all you have from their childhood is the memories (and maybe some unpaid bills!)

Nice use of the wide.
  • shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    joshhuntnm wrote:
    that is what it is all about--capturing the memories. Pretty soon they grow up and are making photos with you and all you have from their childhood is the memories (and maybe some unpaid bills!)

Nice use of the wide.

Thanks Josh. Oh they grow up way too fast. But each new time brings new memories and blessings. thumb.gif Glad to have the memories of yesterday as well though.
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    Great shot clap.gif Are those "sparkles" brushes?
    edited July 18, 2008
    Agnieszka wrote:
    Great shot clap.gif Are those "sparkles" brushes?

This is a 6 second shot. I had a flash on stand camera left with umbrella. I held a second flash in my hand at 1/128th I think. I told the girls to stay still, opened the shutter then walked around the kids with the flash in my hand activating it manually every couple of steps at two different heights. So those are hand fired flashes during a longer exposure.

Thanks for the compliment.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    Wow i still remember how hard it was !!!
    And she did without training wheels ! way to go
    great picture
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    shatch wrote:
    This is a 6 second shot. I had a flash on stand camera left with umbrella. I held a second flash in my hand at 1/128th I think. I told the girls to stay still, opened the shutter then walked around the kids with the flash in my hand activating it manually every couple of steps at two different heights. So those are hand fired flashes during a longer exposure.

Thanks for the compliment.

WOW!!! clap.gif
    edited July 18, 2008
    Wow i still remember how hard it was !!!
    And she did without training wheels ! way to go
    great picture

Oh, but the thrill of finally getting it! The pain of the scratched up knees and hands tends to go away when the wind is in your hair.

Thanks for the comments. BTW, haven't seen any of those famous Awais portraits lately. Do you have some coming?
  • GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    Congrats! What a huge moment! clap.gif
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6