Don't get me wrong...I still love Smug, BUT...

papajaypapajay Registered Users Posts: 441 Major grins
edited July 17, 2008 in SmugMug Support
it's frustrating when "simple" things (like rotating a single photo in a gallery 90 degrees clockwise) takes forever (or, as I'm experiencing right now...just fails to rotate, period!).

Or when the new gallery I put up yesterday would not allow itself to be "arranged" to the start position within it's category until the third attempt (yes, I gave it plenty of time between the first two failed attempts). Then, after it finally got into the #1 slot in the arrangement, the gallery decided on it's own to reposition itself to the #2 slot when I visited my homepage later in the day! So, I had to rearrange once more...this time it seems to understand I really want it to stay put in the #1 slot!

I'm not inclined to "send a link"...these "can't arrange", "can't rotate", "can't this", "can't that" posts come up (more than) often enough in this forum. I'm just venting. SmugMug must be a very complex software design challenge...it has to be, because what users like me can't help but wonder is, "Why is something that seems so basic (like rotating a picture 90 degrees), so difficualt to achieve on a consistant basis?"

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2008
    papajay wrote:
    I'm not inclined to "send a link".

:( Then I can't really help you. And I want to. A link allows me / us to investigate the settings and see what's what.... sometimes there's an existing bug we need to let you know about. Sometimes, a new bug. Sometimes, network issue. We need to look at specifics though, to help :)

Thanks for venting!