Soccer pictures - MN Thunder v Burnley FC

digital_gopherdigital_gopher Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
edited July 18, 2008 in Sports
Have been taking lots of pictures this year at both my son's U11 team and the MN Thunder the local USL1 team. Here are a couple from a match this week where the Thunder played Brunley FC from England.

Entire gallery from the Burnley game. http://www.digitalgopher.net/gallery/5443002_eLhYw

332981351_wz2k9-M.jpg

332989909_cFt5h-M.jpg

This one is from my son's game, he had just scored his first goal of the season.

328007401_4SZoA-M-1.jpg

Any feedback appreciated.

Later

Jeremy

Comments

• johngjohng Registered Users Posts: 1,658 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2008
    #1 - a bit OOF (although that could be attributed to resizing) and missing the ball. But nice expression on the defender
    #2 - too much dead space and not much interesting going on. You want tighter framed shots - facial details really make for great sports images.

#3 - congrats to your son. Great moment for him. As a sports shot though it's missing the key component - his facial expression. So it's a great keepsake for you. But taking the fact it's your son out of the equation the angle of the shot really detracts from it.

Both 1 & 3 have a lot of potential. #1 needed the ball and better focus and 3 needed a different angle. And yes, I realize you can't change your position - that's the unfortunate part of sports shooting - lots of 'wow this would have been a great shot if that other guy wasn't in the way, or if I was on the other sideline, etc...).

Keep at it!!!
  • digital_gopherdigital_gopher Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited July 17, 2008
    johng wrote:
    #1 - a bit OOF (although that could be attributed to resizing) and missing the ball. But nice expression on the defender
    #2 - too much dead space and not much interesting going on. You want tighter framed shots - facial details really make for great sports images.

#3 - congrats to your son. Great moment for him. As a sports shot though it's missing the key component - his facial expression. So it's a great keepsake for you. But taking the fact it's your son out of the equation the angle of the shot really detracts from it.

Both 1 & 3 have a lot of potential. #1 needed the ball and better focus and 3 needed a different angle. And yes, I realize you can't change your position - that's the unfortunate part of sports shooting - lots of 'wow this would have been a great shot if that other guy wasn't in the way, or if I was on the other sideline, etc...).

Keep at it!!!

#1 I agree a little more in focus and the ball would have been nice. Happened very quickly right in front of me. The defender ended up going off due to a head injury from this collision.

#2 Normally would have this cropped tighter, We had over 7,000 fans for once so it was nice to have a full stands behind him.

#3 Typically would have been near the goal line to have a better angle, this just happened to be when I was standing on the sidelines near an umbrella as it was about to storm.

Thanks for the feedback.

Jeremy
  • Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    Jeremy

I am so happy to see you sharing your soccer shots! Way to go. As with almost everything we ever do, practice and critique are what will make things better. I sure wish there was a pro team here to shoot, and also that I could get a press pass to do so mwink.gif I'm shooting soccer 3 nights a week these days, and trying to get caught up on the processing.

Congrats to you, and to your son on his goal. Keep shooting and sharing.

ann