2.4 critiques for entries please

JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
edited July 18, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
ok I have two images I have played with. What do you think of them and which do you like better...if any.

1. Painted flower
332748357_sSx2E-M-1.jpg

With the original looking like this...
333569744_ZkXyh-M.jpg

2. Bad dream...
333556601_TkreH-M-1.jpg

with the original looking like this....
333570120_NhXgS-M.jpg

EDITED #2...what I am trying to put across in this photo is like a vivid bad dream...where color and perspective is distorted. Am I getting closer?
333607681_eVwdv-M-1.jpg

Comments

• LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2008
    #2 has the most potential for me. I especially like the crop, the treatment of the wasp(?), and the blue petals. What I think could be toyed with more is the hue of the white flower behind it all. It's currently too distracting, taking away from that awesome treatment of the wasp. thumb.gif
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited July 17, 2008
    Llywellyn wrote:
    #2 has the most potential for me. I especially like the crop, the treatment of the wasp(?), and the blue petals. What I think could be toyed with more is the hue of the white flower behind it all. It's currently too distracting, taking away from that awesome treatment of the wasp. thumb.gif

thank you for your input Llywellyn. I put another edited version up in the main post. I am going to tinker some more with this one as I feel I am missing somehting and haven't quite got the effect I am looking for. Any help on what I am missing would be good.
  • VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2008
    Joyce,

I like what you have entered... Why don't you make your images 800px as stated in the rules? the 600x400px images are harder to see... where as an 800x600px image would show better detail...

Winston
    edited July 17, 2008
    Joyce,

I like what you have entered... Why don't you make your images 800px as stated in the rules? the 600x400px images are harder to see... where as an 800x600px image would show better detail...

Winston

I thought that is what i did. Are the mediums in the "share photo" 800 pixels or is it the large? my images in the album are 18x14 inches which is way bigger than that and I was not wanting to go over the rules limit. Does it automaticly resize it?
    edited July 17, 2008
    I went ahead and changed it to the large size for the entry. It looks the same size as the others so I guess its ok and not over. Thanks.
    edited July 17, 2008
    JAG wrote:
    I thought that is what i did. Are the mediums in the "share photo" 800 pixels or is it the large? my images in the album are 18x14 inches which is way bigger than that and I was not wanting to go over the rules limit. Does it automaticly resize it?

In the smugmug galleries, the large horizontal images are sized 800px across... this is not the case for the vertical smugmug large... if you are unsure of the size, once the image is posted in dgrin, right click on it and check its properties... that will give you the actual pixel dimensions of the posted image...

Winston
    edited July 17, 2008
    JAG wrote:
    I went ahead and changed it to the large size for the entry. It looks the same size as the others so I guess its ok and not over. Thanks.

Much better!
    edited July 17, 2008
    Much better!
    thanks for your help!thumb.gif
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    Your entry is fabulous! :D
    edited July 18, 2008
    richtersl wrote:
    Your entry is fabulous! :D