Residential Reflection

photosbyDanphotosbyDan Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
edited July 18, 2008 in Landscapes
I was reading the other day on another post about how you make the best shots close to home in familiar territory. After I read that I went out looking around my neighborhood, instead of what I normally do driving out in the country to take pictures. I got really lucky. these are both two horizontal files sewn together with photomerge. I can't decide which one I like better, everyone Pic one and help me decide :) C&C appriciated:barb

version 1
333622673_V4epX-XL.jpg

with a bigger sky and more intuned to rule of thirds.
332773745_K7quv-XL.jpg
"Character, like a photograph, develops in darkness."-Yousuf Karsh

www.danielchappellphotography.com

Comments

• cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2008
    That first one is eek7.gifclap.gifiloveyou.gif crazy good! I found that out too. It was in the macro gallery where I first heard that. I asked where they get all those pretty flowers and they replied, ditches, just go for a little drive nearby and get out and wander. I did and I have some nice captures. I'll have to go shoot tonight, I've got the photobug.:D
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2008
    I prefer the first, actually. It seems more natural and also... less oversharpened?

Great sky textures and light thumb.gif
  • ZiaduckZiaduck Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited July 17, 2008
    I actually prefer #2. The foreground gives a bit more dimension. Both are beautiful!
  • photosbyDanphotosbyDan Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited July 17, 2008
    yeah I was leaning to the first one as well but then what was said about the fore ground in the second one adding dimesion in the sky..the second one might be oversharpened a bit..I was trying out this high radius low amount sharpening that I read about in the LAB color book. but I think I over did it...ne_nau.gif Thanks for all the comments so far...also should I lighten the houses some or make them darker like a sillouette?
    "Character, like a photograph, develops in darkness."-Yousuf Karsh

www.danielchappellphotography.com

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2008
    Oh, I chose the 1st one thumb.gif
  • kitvankitvan Registered Users Posts: 243 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2008
    I agree with Schmoo, I like the texture in the first, and the comp in the 2nd

nice work!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."