Options

Flash & CS3 Issues?

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited July 21, 2008 in Digital Darkroom
Anyone heard of this?
A customer writes to SmugMug:

I have been in business over thirty years, and I am new to SmugMug. I am so impressed with your site, and I am going stark raving mad trying to use it because of a recent update for Adobe Flash that causes Photoshop to crash every time I click “save” or “save as”. Please google “Photoshop CS3 crash save save as” and you will discover that this is a very widespread problem. I read all the blogs about fixing the problem, and here’s a brief summary:

* Techies suggested disabling VersionCue, but I had never enabled it.
* Techies told me to rewrite code (too scary), reboot (did it a zillion times), open in safe mode, and establish a new user. Nothing worked.
* At last someone suggested disabling Flash using the Adobe uninstaller. This fixed the problem
* I reinstalled Flash to use your site, and the problem reoccurred. Uninstalling Flash with the Adobe uninstaller did not fix the problem this time.
* With nothing to lose I used the add/remove programs in the control panel, and I was then able to save in PS. However if I click ‘save as” and another folder, PS still crashes.

This solution leaves me without access to my own site, your site, and every other site that uses Flash. Do you have an inside track with Adobe to help solve this problem? Everyone online reports no help from Adobe, and I am just amazed that they haven’t come up with a patch for such a serious problem. Thanks so much for any help you may be able to offer!

Any help? I've never heard of it. I use version cue, and flash, and CS3 on Mac & Win. No problems :(

Comments

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,216 moderator
    edited July 21, 2008
    thread bump
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky