Options

Frames frames frames Imagekind!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Twisted ImageTwisted Image Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2008
    I know that I will be able to bring in a few other photographers to Smugmug if you can get the
    Customer selected framing option working.
  • Options
    hurricanestevehurricanesteve Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited December 8, 2008
    Feedback: took advantage of the free shipping offer. The frame, the mat, and the print look very professional; I could not be more pleased. I am a little concerned that I would not want to use the service again because the standard shipping costs ($19.99 for what I ordered) would push the prices close to what I could get locally. When the box arrived, and I saw how well it was packed, I'd say the price is not unreasonable.

So, while the full price with no shipping discount isn't overwhelming, the quality, the selection, and the preview capability mean I will likely use them again. Especially with discounted shipping (hint, hint!)
  • Options
    nathanjelovichnathanjelovich Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited December 8, 2008
    Feedback: took advantage of the free shipping offer. The frame, the mat, and the print look very professional; I could not be more pleased. I am a little concerned that I would not want to use the service again because the standard shipping costs ($19.99 for what I ordered) would push the prices close to what I could get locally. When the box arrived, and I saw how well it was packed, I'd say the price is not unreasonable.

So, while the full price with no shipping discount isn't overwhelming, the quality, the selection, and the preview capability mean I will likely use them again. Especially with discounted shipping (hint, hint!)

Thanks Hurricansteve, we appreciate your feedback! I will try and post other promotions we are running to this forum if that helps.
  • Options
    edited December 10, 2008
    fs_community_ad.gif
  • Options
    hurricanestevehurricanesteve Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited December 10, 2008
    fs_community_ad.gif

yup, placed my second order when the email hit my desk yesterday. addictive!
  • Options
    Scott BuelScott Buel Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2008
    I will be very, very happy when I can let my customers order frames and matting directly from my SmugMug galleries.

I can't wait!

Thanks,
    Scott
    Check out my galleries : scenes from the past

Scan Cafe: let the pros do it
  • Options
    waldo647waldo647 Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited December 24, 2008
    Order a gift card today?
    Hi Waldo, thanks for the feedback. Glad you like Imagekind!

It sounds like custom frames are your best bet for what you are describing you are looking for. Because the other frames are standard sizes, you might have to crop your image. The custom frames give you ultimate control. We build all of our custom frames around the image, not the other way around. That way, your framed picture comes out just how you upload it.

Besides, there are 8 different paper types to choose from for the custom frames to make sure your print turns out amazing.

I would advise against trying to take apart the frame to adjust the image. We don't overlap the image with the mat. If you are not fully satisfied with the product, we are always happy to replace it for you. It sounds like what might have happened is you set the crop of your photo, and so we printed the image just as it was cropped.

As I said, to avoid cropping, stick with the custom frames, they really are quite amazing looking as a finished product.

I don't have any specifics on when we might be running our next shipping promotion, but keep your eye out. I will try and post something here too if we do.

Best!

Nate

Hi Nate!

Just got an Imagekind email about ordering a last minute gift card today, and I got to thinking...

So far, I've ordered two prints from you all (back in November), and neither were public. I've sent out some custom Holiday cards that I made up myself from other Smugmug prints.

Here's the question: could I upload that Smugmug gallery of photos to Imagekind (maybe a half a dozen) and then send out Imagekind gift cards, so that recipients could order their Holiday card print (or another one) as a framed enlargement from Imagekind?

If so, would this gallery (or Imagekind album) need to be public? I'm not intending to restrict the gift card recipients to my prints alone, but I'd like to give them that option. I started all this off by searching for myself in Imagekind and nothing comes up, maybe because my first two magnus opuses aren't public?

Many thanks & Merry Christmas to all!
    - Chris
    waldo647images.com
  • Options
    Photographer SpockPhotographer Spock Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited December 29, 2008
    No one is home.
    Scott Buel wrote:
    I will be very, very happy when I can let my customers order frames and matting directly from my SmugMug galleries.

I can't wait!

Thanks,
    Scott

95% of my sales are off of my smugmug with me no where to be seen. I do not have the time to try to push a sale for a frame. Some of the things I can ask or suggest for are the following. CUSTOMERS ABLE TO ORDER THEIR OWN FRAME! Let us be able to do the mark up like we do with our pictures. Blend it in with Smugmug so they do not realize who it is. Its embarrassing for them to turn around and scorn you for the 30% markup you have done. Have just some straight out frames they can choose from. None of the editing just straight out. This is just because I mainly do sports and they just want a frame they could get at Wal-mart but for some reason its more convenient to order it off the site. hmmmm right. Just use the merchandise selections to host the frames or even go all out and give the frames their own lil' tab. Its such a great idea and hopefully it will work out. One of the biggest gripes I have with doing all of this stuff is the fact its scattered. There is not one company that can just do it all. Probably never will be. But if several companies can decide on a uniform look and just be the supplier and let us be their salespersons than it would be a great world for me. That is what this looking like. Now if my customers can buy a frame at the price I choose easily, quickly and efficently. thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited January 13, 2009
    waldo647 wrote:
    Hi Nate!

Just got an Imagekind email about ordering a last minute gift card today, and I got to thinking...

So far, I've ordered two prints from you all (back in November), and neither were public. I've sent out some custom Holiday cards that I made up myself from other Smugmug prints.

Here's the question: could I upload that Smugmug gallery of photos to Imagekind (maybe a half a dozen) and then send out Imagekind gift cards, so that recipients could order their Holiday card print (or another one) as a framed enlargement from Imagekind?

If so, would this gallery (or Imagekind album) need to be public? I'm not intending to restrict the gift card recipients to my prints alone, but I'd like to give them that option. I started all this off by searching for myself in Imagekind and nothing comes up, maybe because my first two magnus opuses aren't public?

Many thanks & Merry Christmas to all!
    - Chris

Hi Chris,

Sorry for such a late reply!

Yes, the reason you aren't being found in search is most likely because of the private setting you selected for your galleries.

And yes, your idea should work perfect! You can direct people to a private gallery with the URL.

I hope this helps!

Best,

Nate