Options

Loooooove my new toy

AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
edited January 26, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
I got myself a late Christmas gift, which arrived last night .... Didn't really have a chance to use it today, but thought I would share some pics, nothing fancy ...:

1: :wink
460264874_muxBR-M-1.jpg

2: My husband is currently on a business trip, so I grabbed my puppy last night for some pics :D No flash used for any of the pics, and our living room gets fairly dark after 5pm these days ...
460171732_xWH5S-M.jpg

3: Doubt any of you will like this pic, but I think it's somehow cute :lust (50mm, 1.4 - I think)
460168812_GB5Ai-M.jpg

4: Yeah ... I really didn't have much to take photos of, haha :rofl Meet Lena's friends:
460149865_yUTb5-M.jpg

Loooove my new toy :lust:lust:lust Only heart broken that I'll have to replace most of my lenses :cry So if you know of a good deal let me know :thumb

Comments

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2009
    clap.gifthumb.gifclap.gifthumb.gifclap.gifthumb.gifwings.gif
    HUGE CONGRATS!
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    edited January 23, 2009
    Thanks Nik thumb.gif The new camera definitely makes a HUGE difference ... WOW, who would have known!!! clap.gifrolleyes1.gifiloveyou.gif Now I only need to get some people in front of my lens :D
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2009
    Waiting for the "Treat" :eat

Congrats mwink.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2009
    I swear there is something about FF cameras over all look and feel of the shot that DX cameras are difficult to reproduce.

Enjoy your new toy.clap.gif
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    edited January 23, 2009
    Haha, me too Awais!!! :hide :D
  • Options
    edited January 23, 2009
    Thanks Quarik ...... Just still a little "shocked" about the difference :jawdrop.... I knew the new / high ISO would be good ... but boy, you can even see light in the pic of my bedroom, and it's a dunging! rolleyes1.gif(Ah the joys of living in a small loft downtown) I seriously love it, can't wait to take it outside tomorrow! iloveyou.gif I think I should give this big baby a name .... :D281_baby_sucking_on_a_pacifier.gif
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2009
    Agnieszka wrote:
    Thanks Nik thumb.gif The new camera definitely makes a HUGE difference ... WOW, who would have known!!! clap.gifrolleyes1.gifiloveyou.gif Now I only need to get some people in front of my lens :D
    You forgot to change your profile gear in your sig, it still shows d200 :-P
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    edited January 23, 2009
    Nikolai wrote:
    You forgot to change your profile gear in your sig, it still shows d200 :-P

rolleyes1.gif YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! .... DONE!! :D
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,913 moderator
    edited January 23, 2009
    clap.gifclap.gif

Great camera!
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited January 23, 2009
    Thank you!!! wings.gif Yup, it is!!! iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2009
    ooh la la!!!iloveyou.gif

Congrats Angie!!!
  • Options
    edited January 23, 2009
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    ooh la la!!!iloveyou.gif

Congrats Angie!!!

Merci Jeffoir, haha! :D ... Now I need to figure out how to get to some good lenses :cry
  • Options
    Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2009
    Ohhhhhhhhh.....the D3......"drooling".

Congratulations! So, now let's talk about the lenses you'll be departing with? Will my D300 be yearning? :D

Not meaning to sidetrack...but your Boudoir sets.....which lens mainly? 50mm 1.2? I just picked up the 50mm 1.4 from Sigma and the bokeh is crazy-smooth!
  • Options
    edited January 23, 2009
    Idlewild wrote:
    Ohhhhhhhhh.....the D3......"drooling".

Congratulations! So, now let's talk about the lenses you'll be departing with? Will my D300 be yearning? :D

Not meaning to sidetrack...but your Boudoir sets.....which lens mainly? 50mm 1.2? I just picked up the 50mm 1.4 from Sigma and the bokeh is crazy-smooth!

Haha .... oh yeah, the 50/1.4 is SUPERB!!! nod.gif ... used a 17-70 / 2.8 for the boudoir shots, mainly because I wanted to zoom a bit, without being in their faces, haha mwink.gif

Drooling after a Nikkor 80-200 / 2.8 ED now :cry ... but first I need to get some $$$ somewhere ne_nau.gif ... maybe I should check my pockets, and under the couch? headscratch.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2009
    Congrats! I've had my new D3 for about a month now and LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!!!! Have a great time with it. I's wonderful. Ps: you have a very cute puppy :D
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
  • Options
    edited January 23, 2009
    Congrats! I've had my new D3 for about a month now and LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!!!! Have a great time with it. I's wonderful. Ps: you have a very cute puppy :D

Thanks Sandy!!! iloveyou.gif (haha yup, she's my sweetheart :D)

Does your 70-200 / 2.8 fit your D3? I'm so sad only my 50mm is really working with it right now rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited January 23, 2009
    Agnieszka wrote:
    Thanks Sandy!!! iloveyou.gif (haha yup, she's my sweetheart :D)

Does your 70-200 / 2.8 fit your D3? I'm so sad only my 50mm is really working with it right now rolleyes1.gif

The 70-200 works great. Haven't had the opportunity to use it much because that is my usual outside lens and it's been FREEZIng here! I had invested in a 17-55 that is dx so doesn't work full frame so I am using that as back up for the D300. I then went to B&H (what a place!) and bought the 24-70 2.8 and that is what has stayed on the camera and become my all around lens! This is an example of the 2 together that I just did today.

I know...another baby....I don't know why people hate postings of babies!

460437773_qtNqs-L-1.jpg
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
  • Options
    edited January 23, 2009
    Oh thrust me, I'm a baby sucker .... LOVE IT - WHAT A CUTIE PIE!!!! Agh .... there are 2-3 lenses I'm dying to get, but can most likely only get one right now .... hmmmmm ... :(: .. kind of thinking I'll get the 70-200, just because I would really love to have that zoom for the church pics (I shoot mostly weddings), and use my D200 with my other lenses .... hmmmmmmm ....

Haha, I know B&H is like heaven & hell at the same time, I've spent *way* too much money there in the last couple of months!! rolleyes1.gif

Thanks for posting the pic!! iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    edited January 23, 2009
    Agnieszka wrote:
    Oh thrust me, I'm a baby sucker .... LOVE IT - WHAT A CUTIE PIE!!!! Agh .... there are 2-3 lenses I'm dying to get, but can most likely only get one right now .... hmmmmm ... :(: .. kind of thinking I'll get the 70-200, just because I would really love to have that zoom for the church pics (I shoot mostly weddings), and use my D200 with my other lenses .... hmmmmmmm ....

Haha, I know B&H is like heaven & hell at the same time, I've spent *way* too much money there in the last couple of months!! rolleyes1.gif

Thanks for posting the pic!! iloveyou.gif

For weddings I would definately drop the money on the 70-200 if only one you could get. I used that for most of the weddings I did last year with the D300 and will do the same with the D3 most likely. Do you live in NY?
  • Options
    edited January 23, 2009
    For weddings I would definately drop the money on the 70-200 if only one you could get. I used that for most of the weddings I did last year with the D300 and will do the same with the D3 most likely. Do you live in NY?

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking .... nope, live in Boston ... are you asking because of the B&H store? :Dmwink.gif ... haha, unfortunately it's a few hours away from me (Can't believe they only have one) ... Did some $$ research, and the local stores are usually much more expensive, so I usually stick with B&H. deal.gif ... Of course their online ordering is down until tomorrow rolleyes1.gif ... it's messing with my destiny!
  • Options
    edited January 23, 2009
    Oh just saw you're from NY .... Hi neighbor wave.gif
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2009
    Hey Angie, congratulations on your New D3!!

I can vouch for the 80-200 f2.8 Nikkor. Sharp, sharp and sharp with really decent bokeh.....and heavy, heavy, heavy...and used about $700 avg.

I can also vouch for the nikkor 35-70 f2.8 old film mid range. I used it on my DX without much notice...then the FX came, bolted it on and Voila: New World Man! Perfect mid range! Sharp, terrific bokeh, and not heavy at all.
    Used avg. $400.

I'd like to think those Church shots would benefit with the VR, but With the ISO performance revealing itself to you...not certain it is necessary....but if that 70-200 is lighter then maybe...with the 80-200 and your D3 the combo is a very hefty, what 5 pound load?

And yes...the dogs nose is cute...only photo that made me laugh!

cheers, tom
    tom wise
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2009
    Haha, yeah, I'm already planning to go to the gym more often ... rolleyes1.gif Can only imagine how exhausted I'll be after holding it 8h straight ... Yeah, the 35-70 f2.8 is my other option ... still thinking about it .... but I think I'll go with the big zoom.

Haha, glad I made you laugh with the puppy nose pic iloveyou.gif

Thanks for your comment!!
  • Options
    TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2009
    As if your stuff wasn't beautiful enough, now you are throwing the big guns at it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!! clap.gif
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2009
    Travis wrote:
    As if your stuff wasn't beautiful enough, now you are throwing the big guns at it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!! clap.gif

Haha, thanks Travis!!!! thumb.gif

Went out today with the puppy dog, of course she was not at all interested in having any photos taken, while outside in the snow rolleyes1.gif A little bummed out that I don't have a good pic of her looking at me, but oh well rolleyes1.gif Haha

460864448_iBD3i-L.jpg

And a couple, after our 3h walk, haha:
    (Sorry sneaked 2 of the previous shots back in again)
    460410917_Rca34-L.jpg

Thanks for your comments!! iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    mtmcelvymtmcelvy Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited January 24, 2009
    Congrats on the camera... my friend/mentor recently made that same purchase.. amazing!! I am still getting my feet wet so the wife say's I'm stuck with my D40!! Browsed your website... you do great work!! bowdown.gif

Mike
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2009
    Aw, thanks Mike! iloveyou.gif Hope your wife will eventually give in!! thumb.gifmwink.gif
  • Options
    TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2009
    A 3-hr walk? I'd be tuckered too! I love the photos and the collages. I've been meaning to ask what software you use for those? They look like Graphic Authority templates.

Then again, there's a good chance that I did ask and have just forgotten... poor, ailing memory. headscratch.gif
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2009
    Sheesh...that's it...I'm done......eek7.gif

Until my collages look half that good I am abstaining from all things photography!!!
    bowdown.gif
    You REALLY could mop it up if you sold yourself as a graphic artist......and don't get me wrong....your photography is every bit that good as well.

So.....since you are whining just a tad about only having the pup to shoot....why have we not seen a self portrait of you with your new toy?
    ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2009
    Now whatch go and do that for? Geesh......ah, I know.....so you can shoot more dark weddings on New Years..rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gifrofl Congrats Angie....should be fun fun.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552