Options

The DGRIN Mini-Challenges (quick links to all things unofficial)

2»

Comments

• Options
    hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2009
    Aaron,

Just saw this thread and I'm sorry you will be dropping out for awhile. I've always enjoyed your work over in Landscapes and your inspiration will be missed.
  • Options
    dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2009
    thumb.gif thanks everyone! iloveyou.gif

Best wishes Aaron :D:Dthumb.gif
  • Options
    coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2009
    well someone gotta volunteer....thumb.gif

anyway, dont'cha hate it when you dont know what happens to people after they have been around awhile and then just stop posting and entering challenges......

well atleast i can let you in on my story...
    im having one of those times in life where its all thrown at me….
    All this started a few months ago, but now its in full bloom…. Just like spring, haha
    Starting a new career with a new company, picking up and moving back to my homeland of Salt Lake City.
    *Con, displacement for kids for awhile…
    *Pro, getting back to see all our friends weekly/monthly instead of every couple of years…
    (its been a tuff go in St.George without our close friends)
    *Con, we lost all of our equity on the sale of our home.
    *Pro, we can pick up a home in Salt Lake at someone elses loss…(we will see how that goes)
    *Con, new job, many more hours, how in the world would I be able to continue my photography workshop plans? Or even photography in general….
    *Pro, I will be able to retire much earlier than planned…and get back into photography slowly? (where will photography be in ten years?) (of course pending my 401 & pcra stocks come back before 10yrs…wow that’s mind numbing, lets not go there…)

I will miss ya all, your support here has been wonderful…. I hope to check in…. but im sure it will be limited.

beer.gif

Why did you have to bring up 401(k)s... :cry

Good luck in your endeavors, and don't stray too far from the camera. For me work is just the thing I do between taking photos. You're taking a gamble trading today for tomorrow, I hope it works out!
  • Options
    edited March 14, 2009
    Mini Challenge #73 (Curves) is up, have fun everyone!
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2009

anyway, dont'cha hate it when you dont know what happens to people after they have been around awhile and then just stop posting and entering challenges......

All this started a few months ago, but now its in full bloom…. Just like spring, haha
    Starting a new career with a new company, picking up and moving back to my homeland of Salt Lake City.
    *Pro, getting back to see all our friends weekly/monthly instead of every couple of years…
    *Pro, we can pick up a home in Salt Lake at someone elses loss…(we will see how that goes)
    *Con, new job, many more hours, how in the world would I be able to continue my photography workshop plans? Or even photography in general….
    *Pro, I will be able to retire much earlier than planned…and get back into photography slowly? (where will photography be in ten years?) (of course pending my 401 & pcra stocks come back before 10yrs…wow that’s mind numbing, lets not go there…)

I will miss ya all, your support here has been wonderful…. I hope to check in…. but im sure it will be limited.

beer.gif

Yeah, definitely don't stray far from your camera. You can always bring it to work with you and photograph something on the way to or from work. mwink.gif

Glad everything is OK.

We miss you too!
  • Options
    edited March 15, 2009
    actually i would trade all my days just to give my children something tomorrow...

i updated post #1. i think i can handle doing that....i just cant talk as much...

I knew I could bait you into a response lol3.gif

I definitely hear you man and wish you and your 401(k) the best thumb.gif
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2009

beer.gif

Glad I checked in here and saw this! Aaron, here's hoping that even once you're busy in the new job the photographic muse will still lure you back into dgrin - it just wouldn't be the same without you!

Good luck with what must be frantic preparations right now as you getcherself across the state. Good luck with it all, and please DO pop in with an update from time to time (like, you know, "Hi I'm doing great" - doesn't even have to have a photgraph included! :D)
  • Options
    pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Glad I checked in here and saw this! Aaron, here's hoping that even once you're busy in the new job the photographic muse will still lure you back into dgrin - it just wouldn't be the same without you!

Good luck with what must be frantic preparations right now as you getcherself across the state. Good luck with it all, and please DO pop in with an update from time to time (like, you know, "Hi I'm doing great" - doesn't even have to have a photgraph included! :D)

Second!

Don't work too hard Aaron, take the time to shoot something (anything!) every now and then and be sure to post the results :D

Good luck!
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
  • Options
    JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited April 23, 2009
    im sure Fad2blk has no idea what they have got themselves into with the theme that has to do with childrendeal.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

i see no possible way to judge a winner....:D oh i feel so sorry for you Fad2blk.....rolleyes1.gif
    yup.15524779-Ti.gif
    Any guesses on how many photos will be in the final count when all is said and done in 2 weeks? I am guessing 120
  • Options
    dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2009
    JAG wrote:
    yup.15524779-Ti.gif
    Any guesses on how many photos will be in the final count when all is said and done in 2 weeks? I am guessing 120

clap.gif oh me, me... I wanna guess... 160. (really want to go higher but...)
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2009
    dnie wrote:
    clap.gif oh me, me... I wanna guess... 160. (really want to go higher but...)
    yeah...its best not to scare off the judge before the end of the contest.eek7.gif:D
  • Options
    dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2009
    JAG wrote:
    yeah...its best not to scare off the judge before the end of the contest.eek7.gif:D

headscratch.gif hmmm... you have a point there...

did I say 160? :nono I meant to say 60, yea, that's it. :D
  • Options
    ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2009
    35 photos so far (in mini-76). Looks good.
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
  • Options
    edited June 2, 2009
    wow...4 weeks? Really?
    thats going to be alot of photos!!!eek7.gif
  • Options
    davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2009
    To the winners of the Mini challenges.....

Note the word mini.
    A month long challenge of mostly pre existing photos seems a bit long to me.

I'm just saying.
    dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2009
    davev wrote:
    To the winners of the Mini challenges.....

Note the word mini.
    A month long challenge of mostly pre existing photos seems a bit long to me.

I'm just saying.
    15524779-Ti.gif
  • Options
    BkodgerBkodger Registered Users Posts: 157 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2009
    I do not live in a city with city scapes - haha. But I was in one a few months ago and took this shot.

541418958_Uzzki-L.jpg
    Nikon D610
    70-200 f.28, 24-85
    www.PhotoExpectations.com
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2009
    Ah, schizophrenia, that explains some things
    :D .
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2009
    For what its worth:

Not sure if everything is grammatically correct but it is easy to understand.
    The only suggestion I could make, is to move the new sentence over that it doesn't fall under your number sequence. That would just to make it easier to read.

g

hope that helps
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2009

just attempt in some humor and maybe get the attention of the smart people for some help in proof reading...

just an FYI, a while back (months ago) I was needing someone to take this thread over and keep things updated and running. well now it looks like I need that help again, but if this time nobody steps up it will just fade away, and that would be a shame......

if anyone is interested PM me please.
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2009

Ok I looked at your post.

Under Guidelines, lines 5 & 6, you forgot the apostrophe for don't.

Under Un-official
    #1 If you have any questions....reword what's next--don't know exactly what you are trying to say.

#4 (also under same category) try passed instead of pasted and also again "don't" with apostrophe.

It was quick read, don't know if I missed anything. It makes sense as is, but you were pretty persistent about wanting corrections. Great! exactly what I want to do on my lunch hour after reading all day:) .
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    KevXmanKevXman Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2009
    thanks, will fix asap (fwiw, I just want this to look good to new people that dont already know Im a grammar/english idiot.)
    Bot Aron yoo spel gud. I cud unnerstand everting yoo rote.
    Enjoy today, tomorrow is not guaranteed.

My Site, My Book