Options

The Wild Pacific II (Ruby and Second Beach, Olympic National Park)

2»

Comments

• Options
    coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2009
    You will have to forgive me on my lack of knowledge but what is the advantage of using a ND filter? I use a CP filter and I love what it does to the blues. Is it just do a I can expose longer and get less light?

Yep, that's pretty much it, it allows for longer exposures (which can have all sorts of effects). Some people use them to shoot waterfalls when there's too much light for example. But if you just want to increase the exposure time a little, a polarizer will normally do the trick, and it's useful in other contexts as well.
  • Options
    annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
    edited April 13, 2009
    I've said it a few times already and I'll say it again. I'm jealous! mwink.gifDrolleyes1.gif The scenery is just breathttaking and you have the determination to spend countless sunrises and sunsets there. As for the favorites, the ones with rippled water in the foreground, e.g. #5 and #13, are wonderful, but #2 is special just because most people are so intent on shooting the beach and the wonderful sky colors that they forget about other viewpoints! :D

Ana
    Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero Manager
    My website: anapogacar.smugmug.com