Options

Denver, CO recommendations??

El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins
I will be in Denver for several days (17-21 May) and would like any insider info on some locations that I should consider as potentially good from a photographic point of view, especially when thinking about urban photography.

I am planning on spending two days at the Great Sand Dunes NP and then once back in town for work, get out and about to try my hand at the urban sights and landscape.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks!!

Comments

• Options
    LaurieHLaurieH Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited May 11, 2009
    Downtown Denver is ideal for urban photography. Check out the 16th Street Mall, the Capitol, Civic Center, LoDo, Larimer Square, Confluence Park, Union Station, etc.
    Let the beauty of what you love be what you do. - Jalal ad-Din Rumi

SmugMug Galleries - photos.39degreesnorth.net
    Blog - 39degreesnorth.net/blog
  • Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2009
    Yeap downtown area by the water park & Coors Field. The Botanical Garden is pretty nice too.
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Options
    Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2009
    The 16th street mall is a great place for people, buildings and the electric train / trolley.
    There is a Holiday Inn next to the football stadium that has a round restaurant at the top that allows shooting opportunities into the stadium, the amusement park across the river, and an incredible skyline.

And the Airport is actually pretty cool looking.
    Steve

Website
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,912 moderator
    edited May 11, 2009
    Downtown Boulder or maybe out near NCAR (also in Boulder)--the building is very cool as is the tour thumb.gif
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2009
    Thanks All!!
    Thanks everyone for some great local, Denver recommendations!

The venues were great and yes indeed, afforded some good photographic opportunities.

Also ended up heading south to the Great Sand Dune National Park and Preserve, stopped in at the Signs of the Cross Shrine in San Luis, Garden of the Gods in CO Springs, and spent a day in Rocky MT National Park.

Each venue provided great opportunities for photos and simply enjoying and appreciating nature and the local landscape.

Looking forward to a return visit.

Off on 22 May to the Middle East and some equally good photo opportunities.

Thanks again everyone for your suggestions and recommendations!