Options

Macro on Rope

2»

Comments

• Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2005
    I think that's why my dad decided to buy the camera as a surprise with out me, he is probably aware that I would have left with much more stuff if he took me along too, lol, and considering the price of the Pro1--- he (or me) didn't need to be spending any more money that day...

Only downer is that I go to college in Indiana... so I'm only close to B&H on vacations.
    Oh to live so close to B&H. If only I was that lucky. But then again I'd have even less money.
  • Options
    dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2005
    Well when your back in Indiana if ya ever get bored and wanna go shooting I know some dgrinners there, in ohio, and here in michigan. All of which are relatively close to each other. Some of them even shoot alot of macro's.
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2005
    Got some macro's with the new camera now :) Check it out (just camera, no filters / extra lens, or anything added)

http://shima.smugmug.com/gallery/565613

23579293-M.jpg

23579322-M.jpg

23579178-M.jpg

23579306-M.jpg
    23579602-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2005
    I go to Valparaiso University, it's in Northwest IN, about an hour away from Chicago... but depending on where we're going shooting, I might be pursuaded to drive to OH or MI... depends on the location and what we're off to go shooting, but I'd love to, free time permitting. I see that you're from MI...

I would definitly like to be able to shoot w/ more experienced people.
    Well when your back in Indiana if ya ever get bored and wanna go shooting I know some dgrinners there, in ohio, and here in michigan. All of which are relatively close to each other. Some of them even shoot alot of macro's.
  • Options
    nzmacronzmacro Registered Users Posts: 200 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2005
    Ok, just had a look at that Canon LADC58C Lens Adapter and I'm not sure.

Heres what you do. Take your camera into the shop and then tell him, you want a Canon 250D and could he please show you how to mount it. That way, you will get all the correct parts. I'm still hoping that the hood that was supplied with the Pro1 has filter threads on it to take a 250D. So make sure you take that with you Shima.

Don't worry about what Canon says the 250D is optimised for, they are still thinking in terms of 35mm slr terms. We don't use them for that mwink.gif

Hey thanks Maxine, excellent examples from you MANY macro shots mwink.gif

Danny.
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2005
    When I took it in he confirmed that I need that adapter to put the close up lens on it... he's going to get me a price quote, but at this rate I'd probably just end up ordering it online or going to b&h because he's a really small store so he doesn't give the best of deals.

But yeah, the filter adapter that the camera came with is just for putting filters on with, not for putting the close up lens on. :/ bummer

So much to learn, so little time...

By the way, after June 10th, my learning will be put on hold as I'll be staring my 9 week long Japanese immersion program... I'll still take pictures while there, but won't really be able to visit anything with English in it as it violates my language pledge :( aka no forums..
    nzmacro wrote:
    Ok, just had a look at that Canon LADC58C Lens Adapter and I'm not sure.

Heres what you do. Take your camera into the shop and then tell him, you want a Canon 250D and could he please show you how to mount it. That way, you will get all the correct parts. I'm still hoping that the hood that was supplied with the Pro1 has filter threads on it to take a 250D. So make sure you take that with you Shima.

Don't worry about what Canon says the 250D is optimised for, they are still thinking in terms of 35mm slr terms. We don't use them for that mwink.gif

Hey thanks Maxine, excellent examples from you MANY macro shots mwink.gif

Danny.