Need Help ON Canon Rebel XTI

2»

Comments

• Options
    DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2009
    dnie wrote:
    Kat,
    Be sure to contact Canon before anything. I know of a freind who had his camera about a year that had very good results from them when his broke. I may see him tomorrow. If so, I will let you know the specifics.

15524779-Ti.gif Kat do contact Canon, tell them you are a respected member of a highly esteemed forum group:D. That everyone is hanging on your response as to how Canon treats their camera owners. They will flood the internet with bad JUJU if they do not take care of you.

I deal with electronic equipment everyday, most reputable companies will honor the warranty if it is shortly out of date. Well at least in my business experience.
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2009
    DsrtVW wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif Kat do contact Canon, tell them you are a respected member of a highly esteemed forum group:D. That everyone is hanging on your response as to how Canon treats their camera owners. They will flood the internet with bad JUJU if they do not take care of you.

I deal with electronic equipment everyday, most reputable companies will honor the warranty if it is shortly out of date. Well at least in my business experience.

Bad JUJU ? :lol4your too funny Chris, but good point.. your forgetting I was in sales, I just might do that and give them the link too..thumb.gif

Well, I have only got about a grand invested...So, I might just consider the darkside..haha.... You should have seen the look my husband gave me when I told him it already glitched out on me.. Ya know that look of, well I must not be taking care of it? rolleyes1.gif... It is these darn contests that have me shooting overtime.

I will call them and let ya know what they say, hopefully they are kind about it..

Thanks for the help..:D
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2009
    I was skeptical of the XTi's life when I bought mine and opted to purchase a two year warranty. As luck would have it I have around 25000 clicks with no problems. I only use it as a second now, but it sure made some GREAT photos.thumb.gif

Hope yours can be salvaged.mwink.gif
  • Options
    dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2009
    Bad JUJU ? :lol4your too funny Chris, but good point.. your forgetting I was in sales, I just might do that and give them the link too..thumb.gif

Well, I have only got about a grand invested...So, I might just consider the darkside..haha.... You should have seen the look my husband gave me when I told him it already glitched out on me.. Ya know that look of, well I must not be taking care of it? rolleyes1.gif... It is these darn contests that have me shooting overtime.

I will call them and let ya know what they say, hopefully they are kind about it..

Thanks for the help..:D

Kat,
    It is not the amount of shots you have taken. I also believe that you take good care of your camera. "stuff" happpens... and I think they will realize it is in their best interest to see you taken care of.
  • Options
    edited July 14, 2009
    dnie wrote:
    Kat,
    It is not the amount of shots you have taken. I also believe that you take good care of your camera. "stuff" happpens... and I think they will realize it is in their best interest to see you taken care of.

Thanks Donna.. So how is your entry coming along? have not heard from you in a long while?headscratch.gifD
  • Options
    edited July 14, 2009
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    I was skeptical of the XTi's life when I bought mine and opted to purchase a two year warranty. As luck would have it I have around 25000 clicks with no problems. I only use it as a second now, but it sure made some GREAT photos.thumb.gif

Hope yours can be salvaged.mwink.gif

Now this is no surprise.. When you buy the warranty, nothing goes wrong.. I do have to agree with you that it sure does produce some awesome photos..
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited July 14, 2009
    Kat,

I have had numerous items repaired by Canon Factory Service in Jamesburg NJ.. A new shutter in a 1DsMkII, an anti aliasing filter in a 5D ( my fault) and other things as well.

My experience is very positive, usually takes less than 2 weeks door to door.

The link is here - https://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=OnlineRepairBookingAct&fcategoryid=215&modelid=14256
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    edited July 15, 2009
    pathfinder wrote:
    Kat,

I have had numerous items repaired by Canon Factory Service in Jamesburg NJ.. A new shutter in a 1DsMkII, an anti aliasing filter in a 5D ( my fault) and other things as well.

The link is here - https://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=OnlineRepairBookingAct&fcategoryid=215&modelid=14256

Thanks Pathfinder...thumb.gif

I won't have time before the competition to send it off, but will get it done soon..

Curious on the Mark II.... how long before that shutter went gonzo on ya?

I am hearing that is happening with the canon's a lot out there and that was one of my concerns..

Thanks for the link, very helpful..

Kat
  • Options
    20DNoob20DNoob Registered Users Posts: 318 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2009
    pathfinder wrote:
    Kat,

Pathfinder, you gotta start registering your gear with Canon if you haven't. I've got (4) 3 day turn around repair stickers to put on the boxes to get them to the front of the line.
    Christian.

5D2/1D MkII N/40D and a couple bits of glass.