rickabtrickabt Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
edited August 20, 2009 in Go Figure
606217754_kwhtv-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2009
    Nice!

There is something je ne sais quoi that prevents me from completely enjoying this picture. Her (her) right hip? Her right leg/knee? The background?

I wonder if this would be better if:
    * you would go even lower, to the the ground level, so the concrete block she's stnading on would "block" most of the beach (ferri's wheel is OK)
    * she could thrust herself forward thus arching the whole legs-body entity and thus creating a much needed major curve to the otherwise rectangular image.

Just thinking out loud... headscratch.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    DI-JoeDI-Joe Registered Users Posts: 368 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2009
    OMG, that is so weird. I've shot someone RIGHT there before. hahaha. Are you following me around?

I agree with the previous poster. Perhaps she's also a touch too lean for her own good(she's fantastic looking don't get me wrong) but the accent of a curvier woman would go well in juxtaposition with the harsh angles of the metal. The background is also sort of just... there.. No real inherent explanation to it, unless you already know that's at the end of the very precarious rocks in Ocean City. Kudos to her for hiking all the way out to that little tower.
    Modus Imagery
    Moving away from photography and into cinema. PM me if you have questions about DSLR workflow or production questions.
    Film Reel: http://vimeo.com/19955876
  • Options
    rickabtrickabt Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited August 18, 2009
    Thanks for the look and comments! Moving around out there is very slippery and dangerous...lol You're always only a step away from sliding into the ocean.
  • Options
    DI-JoeDI-Joe Registered Users Posts: 368 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    rickabt wrote:
    Thanks for the look and comments! Moving around out there is very slippery and dangerous...lol You're always only a step away from sliding into the ocean.

I almost lost my 580ex in the drink during a shoot, pretty much right where you're standing. VERY precarious.
    Modus Imagery
    Moving away from photography and into cinema. PM me if you have questions about DSLR workflow or production questions.
    Film Reel: http://vimeo.com/19955876
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2009
    Got to try this scene. Nice work.