Options

Script hangs in Control panel subcategory page

jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
edited August 22, 2009 in Bug Reporting
If I go to my control panel, subcategories page. I go to the rename subcategory section of the page. I pick a category that has subcategories in it. I pick one of the subcategories in it.

I get a message from both IE7 and from Firefox 3.5 that a script has become unresponsive asking me if I want to terminate the script. If I select Continue, the unresponse message comes up again (after a delay). This page doesn't seem to work.
--John
HomepagePopular
JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
Always include a link to your site when posting a question

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2009
    fixed.
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    fixed.
    This one does not appear to be fixed. FF3.5. Clear my browser cache. Go to control panel/subcategories. In the rename section, pick a category that has subcategories. Pick a sub-category. Then, click in the NiceName box. It appears to hang for a short while, then comes back with the unresponsive script message. Still not working for me.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited August 22, 2009
    jfriend wrote:
    This one does not appear to be fixed. FF3.5. Clear my browser cache. Go to control panel/subcategories. In the rename section, pick a category that has subcategories. Pick a category. Then, click in the NiceName box. It appears to hang for a short while, then comes back with the unresponsive script message. Still not working for me.

Looking into it John. Thx!
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    James HJames H Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited August 22, 2009
    Ditto John's last comment, in both FF and IE8. Strangely, it did not hang for me earlier today but it did just now.

Another anomaly on that page is that it will not allow me to delete several sub-cats which I was able to rename earlier today. If you look in my "Other" category, I now have several empty sub-cats named "deleteme", "deleteme2", etc. I was able to rename these earlier today even though I couldn't delete them. Every time I tried to delete one it would momentarily disappear from the dropdown list, only to reappear after my attempt to delete the next one.

Feel free to nuke all the "deleteme*" sub-cats you see. I think there were 6 of them.
    --James

Homepage - James Hill Photography

• Options
    BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited August 22, 2009
    jfriend wrote:
    This one does not appear to be fixed. FF3.5. Clear my browser cache. Go to control panel/subcategories. In the rename section, pick a category that has subcategories. Pick a sub-category. Then, click in the NiceName box. It appears to hang for a short while, then comes back with the unresponsive script message. Still not working for me.

John,

Should be fixed now.
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2009
    Barb wrote:
    John,

Should be fixed now.
    Yes, working now.
    --John
    HomepagePopular