Options

*ENTRY* Thread DSS #32: A Different Perspective

LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
edited September 7, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Dgrin Sharp Shooters Challenge #32

Welcome to Round #32 of the Dgrin Sharp Shooters Challenges. This challenge is open to any Dgrin member. It will run from Monday, August 24, 08:00am, EDT time (GMT -4) to Monday, September 7, 08:00am, EDT time (GMT -4).

The topic ready for your interpretation: A Different Perspective

Ever wonder what things look like from another point of view? Now's your chance to find out! Throw us off our balance a little. Your image should give us a new outlook on your subject.

Your Judges:
dlplumer (Winner of Round 29)
ChatKat (Guest Judge)

IMPORTANT NOTE: Your entry is to be submitted directly into a Smugmug gallery. It's pretty simple, just go to the gallery link below, and follow the upload instructions at the top of the page: Remember, the basics stay the same: 1 entry per person, and the photo must be fresh, taken during this contest period. Do not use a minimal save method (such as "save for web"), and your exif will be embedded in your image, no worries!

To avoid disqualification, read, in full, the Dgrin Sharp Shooters Challenge Rules, there have been some slight modifications.

Comments

• Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    I just missed getting something in for #31, so I'll try very hard to make this DSS--should be some very interesting and entertaining images from this crowd! Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    :D This one could be fun!
    Ok, thinking caps on.... rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    nightpixelsnightpixels Registered Users Posts: 536 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    Interesting! I have been waiting for this theme for ever! I even knew exactly what to shoot for this one, but of course, it had to come at the same time that Mega-Challege is going on :cry
    Allen Parseghian

Los Angeles dance photographer

• Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    dnie wrote:
    :D This one could be fun!
    Ok, thinking caps on.... rolleyes1.gif

A-MEN, sister! rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    Interesting! I have been waiting for this theme for ever! I even knew exactly what to shoot for this one, but of course, it had to come at the same time that Mega-Challege is going on :cry

Those of you in the mega are going to have your hands full but I am looking forward to seeing what you all are going to come up with. I'm glad I'm not in it. :whew
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2009
    richtersl wrote:
    Those of you in the mega are going to have your hands full but I am looking forward to seeing what you all are going to come up with. I'm glad I'm not in it. :whew
    15524779-Ti.gif
  • Options
    NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    Time for me to get my butt back in gear for challenges, this is my thing clap.gif
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2009
    Time for me to get my butt back in gear for challenges, this is my thing clap.gif
    I have seen some of your stuff... now I am just gonna have to work harder! I do believe you will nail this one.
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    richtersl wrote:

I like this Linda :D and 15524779-Ti.gif too rolleyes1.gif
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    I am looking forward to this challenge!
    I am really looking forward to this challenge myself. There is such a great variety of subjects for this one! I am sure that you will all make it really hard to choose! Now go shoot! September 7th will be here before you know it and I will be practicing my best judging skills!
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • Options
    miskatonic_universitymiskatonic_university Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited August 26, 2009
    I had some models give me a good kick in the rear... good for the photography blood.

It's pumping and I'm heading out to the wilderness... good luck all!
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2009
    Hello everyone!
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    edited August 30, 2009
    rolleyes1.gif
    Hello everyone!

Well, look who's back to grace us with his presence!rolleyes1.gif
    Glad to see you!
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2009
    Help!
    I got DQed last round for not having the EXIF info on my photo.

Please check this round's entries and tell me if this will do please. Mine is the kid with the magnifying glass.

Thank you.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    KevXmanKevXman Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2009
    Help!
    I got DQed last round for not having the EXIF info on my photo.

Please check this round's entries and tell me if this will do please. Mine is the kid with the magnifying glass.

Thank you.

Liz, it got stripped out again. How are you saving your file?
    Enjoy today, tomorrow is not guaranteed.

My Site, My Book
  • Options
    edited September 1, 2009
    KevXman wrote:
    Liz, it got stripped out again. How are you saving your file?

Hiya,
    I kind of figured it might because I did it the same way, just saved it as a document on my computer then putting it back on smug mug--BUT I added the EXIF info under the title--so do you think that will work? It was the easiest way for me. Not tech savvy at all and when I start reading any tech type instructions I start to drool.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2009
    What tool(s) are you using to modify then move your images?
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    edited September 1, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    What tool(s) are you using to modify then move your images?

All I'm using is smugmug's picnik--they are on my smugmug site--now usually when I add photos to dgrin I do the ... business--but I can't do that to add to the contest thread--I have the photos in my smug mug gallery--

I know I'm probably having a pea head moment--bare with me.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2009
    Going to repeat my prior suggestion... download Picasa and upload to smug through that! Seriously, it will take you less time to d'load and set it up than to mess with multiple uploads. Try it... you'll like it! rolleyes1.gif

ETA: You will upload a second copy to the Challenges gallery from your hard drive by doing it this way - if the exif info is visible on your local drive, it SHOULD stay with the photo using this method.
  • Options
    edited September 1, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Going to repeat my prior suggestion... download Picasa and upload to smug through that! Seriously, it will take you less time to d'load and set it up than to mess with multiple uploads. Try it... you'll like it! rolleyes1.gif

Ah Divamum such patience:D -that or you are getting serious kickbacksrolleyes1.gif .
    Well I have today and then I'm out of comission for 5 days, so that's why I was trying ot get a jump on it. Will have to go home and open a picassa account and do it tonight.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    edited September 1, 2009
    You don't need to open an account. You just download the software found here and use it on your hard drive (there are two different forms of picasa - picasaweb, which is the online gallery, and picasa, which is their own free software. You don't have to use the web service for it, and I don't believe you even have to sign up - could be wrong on that because I already had an account and don't remember, but you for sure do NOT have to use the web gallery to use the actual hard-drive-based software)

You then add Smugmug's "Picasa Uploader" plugin to the Picasa software on your hard drive, and when you want to upload pictures to Smug do it through the Picasa software and interface. It's easy-peasy to use! (And nope - don't work for them, I've just found it a low-maintenance product which works. And is free. I like the free part :D)

Edited to add screenshot:

636676768_vFoLu-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 1, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    It's easy-peasy to use!

Ok will do that tonight and post my new photo to the challenge thread--now to just get the other photo off...
    One problem at a time.

Thank you for making it easy..
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    edited September 1, 2009
    Btw, here's the link in smug for the picasa uploader, complete with instructions on how to add it.

http://www.smugmug.com/help/picasa-smugmug-uploader
  • Options
    edited September 1, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Btw, here's the link in smug for the picasa uploader, complete with instructions on how to add it.

http://www.smugmug.com/help/picasa-smugmug-uploader

Thanks Divamum--can't wait to get home and give it a try now.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2009
    EXIF issues aside (I trust you'll get it sorted w/all the advice!), how's everyone doing this round? ear.gif
  • Options
    edited September 1, 2009
    Llywellyn wrote:
    EXIF issues aside (I trust you'll get it sorted w/all the advice!), how's everyone doing this round? ear.gif

I am discovering once again that I can think of (what I think would be) great ideas.... but getting them done is another thing!! :cry
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2009
    dnie wrote:
    I am discovering once again that I can think of (what I think would be) great ideas.... but getting them done is another thing!! :cry

I feel your pain... Can I submit a pencil sketch?
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    edited September 1, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    I feel your pain... Can I submit a pencil sketch?

Exactly!! I can kick out an drawing showing perspective in a heart beat! Laughing.gif
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2009
    You're one step ahead of me. I can't translate the vision in my brain with pen or pencil either! ne_nau.gif

But I'm working on it! mwink.gif And taking lots of photos from different perspectives. Just haven't gotten one I really like yet.
  • Options
    edited September 1, 2009
    YES, I did it!!!
    I downloaded my entry into the gallery with the EXIF info.
    Thank you all for your help.

Kevxman-I saved it using the owner save button:)
    Divamum- I am now friends with Picasa.

Now to cook dinner--I'm a little behind on schedule.
    Liz A.
    _________