Options

Good Ol' American Noise - MC#5

jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
edited September 6, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Well, crud, I forgot that MC participants could not do the current DSS. I have a couple of ideas for MC#5. The first one may be a stretch, but I worked too hard on this one not to make some attempt to use it.

Good Ol' American Noise
639082743_V7o7G-L.jpg

Praise the Red Bird!
639084036_w9mrS-L.jpg

Your honest thoughts?
More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
Jeff Meyers

Comments

• Options
    dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2009
    That first one is great Jeff,clap.gif and sure appropriate for the other challenge. Honestly, I don't see either of these as being truly theme worthy for "sound".
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2009
    Agree with Dan. Sorry that your image won't be in the DSS, your little world series has been fun to see.

Also agree that neither of these say 'sound'. Do you have anything with more fans in the image? Perhaps a capture of the crowd all up cheering, or else the front view of some fervently cheering fans? Maybe an excuse to run out for one more game this season if they're playing today....
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    edited September 5, 2009
    dlplumer wrote:
    That first one is great Jeff,clap.gif and sure appropriate for the other challenge. Honestly, I don't see either of these as being truly theme worthy for "sound".

Thanks for this, Dan. You're probably right. I'm grasping. . .
    Jeff Meyers
  • Options
    edited September 5, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Agree with Dan. Sorry that your image won't be in the DSS, your little world series has been fun to see.

Also agree that neither of these say 'sound'. Do you have anything with more fans in the image? Perhaps a capture of the crowd all up cheering, or else the front view of some fervently cheering fans? Maybe an excuse to run out for one more game this season if they're playing today....

Thanks. Yeah, I went to the game Thursday looking for something for MC#5, but without success. Here's one that would qualify if only it was a more interesting image.

639088182_DfwMb-L.jpg
    Jeff Meyers
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2009
    Better than the others for theme. Perhaps a trip down to the park or the mall to find a kid having a tantrum.... mwink.gif Good luck....
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2009
    The sphere is so amazingly awesome... it is tragic not to be able to submit it. I keep thinking of a sort of "Horton Hears a Who" bubble which says, "RAWWWRRRRRR!!!" or something to indicate sound.... Er, ok, maybe not. Sadly, while amusing, it's probably not an MC-worthy solution...

Sorry dude - that is one fantastic image!!!
  • Options
    bf2015bf2015 Registered Users Posts: 523 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2009
    jeffmeyers wrote:
    Well, crud, I forgot that MC participants could not do the current DSS.

I forgot too. I had an awesome entry for #32 and a so so entry for MC#5. :cry Oh well. I put my #32 entry in the Mini-Challenge...ah...not the same though.

Outstanding stadium shot btw!bowdown.gif
  • Options
    kds1kds1 Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2009
    bf2015 wrote:
    I forgot too. I had an awesome entry for #32 and a so so entry for MC#5. :cry Oh well. I put my #32 entry in the Mini-Challenge...ah...not the same though.

Outstanding stadium shot btw!bowdown.gif

I feel like I am missing something. I read the rules but I didn't see the part you are talking about. Are you saying that you can't enter both the DSS and the Mini Challenge? Like I couldn't enter one in round #32 for perspective and then also one for #5 Sound at the same time?
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2009
    kds1 wrote:
    I feel like I am missing something. I read the rules but I didn't see the part you are talking about. Are you saying that you can't enter both the DSS and the Mini Challenge? Like I couldn't enter one in round #32 for perspective and then also one for #5 Sound at the same time?

nod.gif See the last paragraph, below.

The Dgrin Sharp Shooters Challenges
    Last updated: 3 May 2009 by Llywellyn

OVERVIEW

Each challenge will last 2 weeks. Starting and ending on Mondays at 08:00am, EST time (GMT -4).

At the end of each challenge, 2 judges will select the top photos after which an open vote will determine the winner.

Once, roughly every quarter, the top 5 winners from each round will be eligible to play in a themed Mega-Challenge. This Mega-Challenge will be judged by a panel to determine the winner. At the same time, the first round for the next quarter will begin, and ONLY non-Mega-Challenge players may compete in this round.
  • Options
    kds1kds1 Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2009
    richtersl wrote:
    nod.gif See the last paragraph, below.

Ohh. Ok. Thanks, Linda. I thought they were talking about the MINI challenges, not the MEGA challenges! Too may to keep track of! rolleyes1.gif