Options

I'm going insane!!! Help!!

SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
edited September 28, 2009 in Finishing School
As many of you know I have migrated to the Mac side of the computing world. While over all the experience has bee good I am having some difficulties.

Calling the help menu helpful is like calling the IRS a benevolent philanthropic group.

Now to the specifics....................I want to change the names of .icc profiles from the original YTFYTRUY_(*&(.icc to something more descriptive. For example Ilford Smooth Pearl_can5000.icc.

Windows has a third party software solution, and I have read that Apple's color sync utility will allow this.

While I can change the name in finder the applications still sees the original gobelty gook name.

Color Sync utility will open the .icc profile and I can find a field with the name. While I can change the name here inside the .cc profile everything outside, finder, and apps sees the original name.

This can't be all that difficult!!!

How does one do this without contacting the evil empire of the Pacific Northwest? (At least this is what the Apple instructors at the reeducation classes calls them.)

Sam

Comments