Options

Amanda and Justin Wedding Preview

holzphotoholzphoto Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
edited October 9, 2009 in Weddings

Comments

• Options
    Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2009
    You've got an "edge" ( a word that's been floating around quite a bit lately :D) that I like. Your watermark, although maybe just for this site, is overpowering to say the least! It's very distracting....to me anyway. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the shutter-drag capture! VERY cool shot! You're gonna get bashed over the selective coloring one but in this case....I have to say nice job. thumb.gif:D I think my favorite would have to be the backlit couple in front of the doorway although I personally would prefer a lot less yellow....maybe not a total B&W conversion but perhaps a more monotone effect. Like I said, you seem to have a really cool style. Keep it up!
  • Options
    holzphotoholzphoto Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2009
    Idlewild wrote:
    You've got an "edge" ( a word that's been floating around quite a bit lately :D) that I like. Your watermark, although maybe just for this site, is overpowering to say the least! It's very distracting....to me anyway. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the shutter-drag capture! VERY cool shot! You're gonna get bashed over the selective coloring one but in this case....I have to say nice job. thumb.gif:D I think my favorite would have to be the backlit couple in front of the doorway although I personally would prefer a lot less yellow....maybe not a total B&W conversion but perhaps a more monotone effect. Like I said, you seem to have a really cool style. Keep it up!

Thanks. When i shoot a wedding my clients get three sets of photos. Everything in color, everything in b/w and 100-150 shots done in creative, i.e. the gold overtone and selective color.

i know the selective color is over done in the photography world, but clients still love it and want it.
  • Options
    DustinFinnDustinFinn Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited October 7, 2009
    Really nice work, I like almost all of it, the selective color already discussed and I share your concern with the clients loveing it and me hating it...

The only thing I'd like to say is that shot of the father/daughter down the isle pulls my eye away from them and straight to the awkward ceiling... not sure of the situation and if you were trying to hide something, I like to hide things in the blurryness and would shoot long telephoto for that shot.

Nice work.
    People:> www.DustinFinnPhotography.com
    Nature, Places and things :> www.DustinFinn.com
    Random Upload www.Flickr.com/photos/DustinFinn
  • Options
    kpagekpage Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited October 7, 2009
    Love the Abby Road photo...

I really like the photos!
    Just a girl playing with a camera trying to learn as much as she can.
    www.kp-photos.com : facebook.com/kpphotos
  • Options
    GoofBcktGoofBckt Registered Users Posts: 481 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2009
    These are great. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the sillhouette in the window shot. Fantastic and so romantic. :) If I were the bride, I'd have a giant framed Giclee of that one. :)

holzphoto wrote:
    649699756_wgPjr-L.jpg

649699719_ArebQ-L.jpg

649699653_yv2Wj-L.jpg

649699576_v4iUu-L.jpg

649699557_ArvBc-L.jpg

649699456_N5EGA-L.jpg

649698645_uYtqr-L.jpg

649699244_ctdtM-L.jpg

649698905_yVTkt-L.jpg

649698813_brMkc-L.jpg

649698601_3W58Z-L.jpg