Options

My pm to jwear....

divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
edited October 22, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
DIRTY TRICK!!!! :nono

aaaaaarrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I should have known better when I saw that header!!!!! :uhoh I clicked on it before thinking. DUUUUHHHHHHHHHHH.

I can't even open it again to respond. You can post this pm in the thread if you like (I'm sure plenty of folks will find my revulsion amusing!! Heck, if that shot didn't make me feel like I was going to throw up, **I** would find it amusing!) :wow:cry
I'm now going to go and jibber in a corner somewhere..................:hide

Please... no more slithery things without a clear warning. Aarrgh.

PS I'm phobic enough that in a couple of rounds where people have had snakeyness, I've had to put a post-it over the monitor so I could scroll through the gallery. Seriously - I am THAT bad. Completely and utterly irrational, which is the worst part - I KNOW intellectually that it's only a $*!&#&^!@ photograph, but the adrenaline still goes nuts and panic sets in. Ugh.

PPS Please don't amuse yourselves by putting lots of pictures of ::shudder:: into this thread so I stumble over them by mistake. Please. Pretty pretty please? :hide

Comments

• Options
    LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2009
    How about a live-in Halloween prop? Would that be okay? Fur trumps scales, right? :D

253410661_maTHT-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 21, 2009
    ::warm fuzzies abound::

KITTTEHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Fur is good. Especially fur as cute as that!!! Now that I've slept off the panic I'm laughing - sort-of - at having been rickrolled on dgrin.... I think.... but I am definitely appreciative of fur over scales, thankyousomuch.

(ETA: it's the "cleopatra floating down the Nile" paw on the toy which cracks me up. Hilarious!)
  • Options
    PrezwoodzPrezwoodz Registered Users Posts: 1,147 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2009
    I have to admit, it was tempting and may have if I thought it would help alleviate some of your fear.. I have lots of snake pictures, those fears we have end up controlling us. Pick it as a background and eventually you'll be fine with it, or at least not be to scared.

274858807_kKy28-L.jpg

274859764_yBF34-XL.jpg
  • Options
    PrezwoodzPrezwoodz Registered Users Posts: 1,147 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2009
    Divamum Don't Scroll down before reading!

So ive hijacked your thread, its a snakie therapy thread! hehe Okay so I hope I don't get you made with this!

I'll start with pictures of nice fluffy animals and move down slowly into more intimidating ones! Only scroll down as far as your feel comfortable, then scroll further!

Step 1: Trees
    274682907_3yobX-XL.jpg

Step 2: Parrots
    274676173_ypJuK-XL.jpg

Step 3: Toucans!
    249209720_YYrfd-L.jpg

Step 4: Baby Monkeys!
    249211008_z4pUg-XL.jpg

Step 5: Bufferlo!
    177015049_qybC3-L.jpg

Step 6: T-REX!
    378249102_3KPGw-XL.jpg

Step 7:Jaguar
    249210211_JkyQY-L.jpg

Step 8: Alligator
    249210620_cJ4FV-L.jpg

Step 9: Lizard!
    177017104_Lq3F3-L.jpg

Step 10: Spider!
    249213058_hVoXx-L.jpg

Step 11: Snakey
    421366385_HP5Y5-L.jpg

Step 12: Meditate!
    427083800_T9AaV-L.jpg
  • Options
    HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2009
    That there #10, that was a scorpion, waren't it?? Why we have them there thangs crawl right down the drain in the cement pond and right strate up into the shower tub down around these parts...
    rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • Options
    sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2009
    Step 12 has me smiling my face off :D
  • Options
    edited October 22, 2009
    >switches off image downloading in Firefox<
    >puts fingers in ears<

::lalalalala can't SEEEEEEEEEEEE you lalalalalalala::

Alright you guys, enough - UNCLE!!! Like I said elsewhere, if I ever NEED to come to terms with it I will take the appropriate steps, but for now, let me live in sheltered denial, 'k? Believe me, I've had to deal with the reality over the years (horses+SoCal=rattlesnakes in shavings pile on far too many occasions) and I'm allowed to be freaked. Go pick on the mice and bug haters for a while

Actually on a (semi) serious note, there was a hilariously bizarre program from the BBC a while back called "Britain's Most Unusual Phobias", which included a woman with a dread of kneecaps, another who was terrified of barns, and yet another who was paralyzed by .... frozen peas. While it was indeed funny to hear this poor woman talking about the torture of going down the frozen food aisle, I actually get where she's coming from - the source may be different, but the irrationality and inability to control it are the same. If you've never experienced it, you won't know what I mean, but to anybody who has (regardless of what causes it), it's a very PHYSICAL reaction which has nothing to do with common sense, intellect, or reality. Bizarre in the extreme.

Anyway, I'm done on this, I think. Move along... nothing to see here.... :D