Options

I Blame Yosemite

dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
edited June 24, 2005 in The Big Picture
At yosemite yall woke up early to get good light to shoot photographs. I am not a morning person at all as some of you may remember. But thanks you to guys I find myself being willing to do crazy things like wake up at 4 am two days in a row on a weekend to go and shoot hot air balloons landing at sunrise. Is this a normal persons actions no. No it is not. Argh what have I turned into. :twitch:twitch:twitch

Is anyone else other than those of us who were in yosemite actually willing to loose sleep to get good photos?
Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
www.zxstudios.com
http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2005
    Hahahaha, that is what sunset was invented for hehehehe.

Seriously, I hate mornings just like you. Only in extreme situations (e.g. Yosemite) do I ever get myself up that early.

At yosemite yall woke up early to get good light to shoot photographs. I am not a morning person at all as some of you may remember. But thanks you to guys I find myself being willing to do crazy things like wake up at 4 am two days in a row on a weekend to go and shoot hot air balloons landing at sunrise. Is this a normal persons actions no. No it is not. Argh what have I turned into. :twitch:twitch:twitch

Is anyone else other than those of us who were in yosemite actually willing to loose sleep to get good photos?
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • Options
    edited June 22, 2005
    I'm with ya. But how often will I get to shoot 52 hot air balloons coming in for a landing and going through competitions.
    www.zxstudios.com
  • Options
    4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2005
    get 4 labrador retrievers and you will have no trouble waking up early again Make sure you share with us...:D
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited June 22, 2005

Laughing.gif Gary rolleyes1.gif

I remember you not wanting to answer those early morning wake up calls. I hated it too. But as you point out, if you want that sweet light you have to sacrifice rolleyes1.gif And whoever told you that photographers were normal? lol3.gif

Where are those balloon shots? That's one thing I've always wanted to shoot (lots of balloons) and wouldn't mind the 4AM wake up to do it thumb.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited June 22, 2005
    Steve I am covering the Michigan Challenge Balloon Fest this weekend for a hot air ballooning magazine. The it is off to the Mudfest next weekend for the extreme motor sports magazine. Next weekend is gonna be even worse. I am going to camp onsite instead of going to a hotel so I can get photographs of the whole event even some of the night stuff. headscratch.gifwxwaxeek7.gif Have I mentioned I've never been camping.
    www.zxstudios.com
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,913 moderator
    edited June 24, 2005
    Steve I am covering the Michigan Challenge Balloon Fest this weekend for a hot air ballooning magazine. The it is off to the Mudfest next weekend for the extreme motor sports magazine. Next weekend is gonna be even worse. I am going to camp onsite instead of going to a hotel so I can get photographs of the whole event even some of the night stuff. headscratch.gifwxwaxeek7.gif Have I mentioned I've never been camping.

It's gonna be like staying at the Wawona. No bathrooms in your room. Otherwise, it's
    all good :D

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?