Options

Uploading: "Bad AlbumID" Errors

SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
edited December 7, 2009 in SmugMug Support
I've been uploading a large batch for oh, a day or so now, but just recently the uploader is showing errors. In the error log, is says "Bad AlbumID". I checked my control panel log and no errrors. :scratch

I'm trying to figure out what has happened. :dunno If this batch is soiled, I'll have to just delete it and start over again. There were some duplicate filenames in the batch so it has to just upload perfectly from the get go. :cry
Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!

Comments

• Options
    edited December 3, 2009
    I deleted the gallery and started over. 1100 files uploaded fine. Another 126 that was started in another batch has so far errored out completely with the same error message. headscratch.gif
  • Options
    edited December 3, 2009
    I think I just figured this out. If you switch to "visitor view" while uploading something in another window, even though it knows you're logged in as the owner, it no longer allows the uploads (since you are a visitor), so they fail at the verifying stage. Hope this helps someone else out in the future. thumb.gif
  • Options
    MoxMox Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2009
    Interesting! I've had that error, too. I've had lots of issues with the uploader - an inordinate amount, given how relatively few photos I upload. :(

I restarted my browser, per Andy's advice, and everything worked fine. It's quite possible I had visitor view turned on in another tab, as I had been making some changes. When I restarted the browser, that tab would have gone away. Good to know - thanks!!
  • Options
    edited December 7, 2009
    Glad to help. thumb.gif This dumbfounded me for quite a bit.