Options

My Back Yard : Macros

2»

Comments

• Options
    DRT-MaverickDRT-Maverick Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2005
    Your images are crystal. Do you suggest I use a tripod instead of just my hands to get such clean images?
    Pentax K20D 14.6mp Body : Pentax *ist D 6.1mp Body : Pentax ZX10 Body : 180mm Sigma Macro EX lens : 18-55mm Pentax SMC DA Lens : 28-200mm Sigma Lens : 50-500mm Sigma APO DG EX lens : Pentax AF-500FTZ flash : Sigma EX 2x Teleconverter.
  • Options
    tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2005
    Thanks, happy to be here. I really don't want to come off as some total know-it-all. I don't know diddly-squat about insects or much of anything else for that matter! headscratch.gif I've just found identifying stuff in a semi-public way like this to be excellent practice because it actually forces me to do some research before I'm willing to assign an identity. Also, my brain seems to be much better at remembering things like the difference between spiders and daddy longlegs than, say, where I left my keys/wallet/macro lens/etc. :D

Cheers!
    No problem. I read your ,my story thread. sounds like interesting work. Eugene Odum was at UGA I believe, back when I was in school.
    Thomas :D

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com
  • Options
    NetgardenNetgarden Registered Users Posts: 829 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2005
    Thomas that spider is unreal! Nice shots. I have never seen one like it. It looks more like it fits under the sea like a squid or something! Its way cool!clap.gif ...back to reading the links from Jeckyll...
    Khaos wrote:
    Very nice Thomas. I really like that spider shot. Very cool comp.thumb.gif
  • Options
    tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2005
    Your images are crystal. Do you suggest I use a tripod instead of just my hands to get such clean images?
    I'm not sure if you are referrig to me or not, but here's my take on things. Use a tripod if you can, but I have been getting away with handheld shots. I use manual mode & set the shutter speed to 1/100 or 1/200 and then pick the aperture I want for depth of field ( usually f/8-f/22). I use the flash in ETTL mode and adjust with flash exposure compensation as needed. I use focus manually and then gently rock back & forth until I get the part I want in sharp focus. As unlikely as it sounds, it produces sharp shots most of the time.
    Thomas :D

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com