Options

Studio shoot

JimBarryPhotographyJimBarryPhotography Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
edited December 4, 2009 in Go Figure
Here are a few from a recent studio shoot...

Sunrise

4107860865_b845658255.jpg

Meditation

4108624394_395b60113e.jpg

The Tree

4107856563_a61219e0d4.jpg

Comments

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2009
    Jim,
    thanks for sharing! thumb.gif
    Just wanted to remind you (re #3): it's almost never pays to shoot a female full height from a male eye level... deal.gif You gotta be at her waist level or lower...ne_nau.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2009
    Sweet silhouettes! I love these...Simple...nicely simple~
    tom wise
  • Options
    JimBarryPhotographyJimBarryPhotography Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited November 18, 2009
    Thank you
    Thanks!!!
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2009
    Nikolai wrote:
    Jim,
    thanks for sharing! thumb.gif
    Just wanted to remind you (re #3): it's almost never pays to shoot a female full height from a male eye level... deal.gif You gotta be at her waist level or lower...ne_nau.gif

Nikolai,

Is this because the perspective is distorted so it shortens the legs? That would make sense. So it's typically acceptable to shoot the female from a higher POV when shooting 3/4 and up or when laying or crouching??? I would assume you should always try to elongate the female form, within reason, no matter what position they are in.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2009
    Nikolai,

Is this because the perspective is distorted so it shortens the legs? That would make sense. So it's typically acceptable to shoot the female from a higher POV when shooting 3/4 and up or when laying or crouching??? I would assume you should always try to elongate the female form, within reason, no matter what position they are in.
    Alex,
    to each is own, but to me a standing female begins from her legs. Going lower elongates them. Of course you can some comic/dramatic effect if you go too low (as in http://nik.smugmug.com/photos/332184554_irHEW-XL.jpg ), but that was intentional, as was the usage of the WA lens).
    You dont always want to elongate something, it's all has to be done withing the certain "box of proportions".
    And yes, when a (female) model is sitting or lying down going higher often brings a pleasing view, although staying "leveled" can be good, too. The only thing that I don't find particularly working is going lower for a sitting model, yet again, there always can be exceptions.
    HTH
    "May the f/stop be with you!"