Options

Auto login assistance please

Naledge2uNaledge2u Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
I'm new here so if this has been answered before, forgive me I just haven't been able to locate the answer.
On my current website I capture login and email info, I want to be able to pass this info over to smugmug and auto login a client with out having them login twice. Currently I capture firstname, lastname, email addy, and password - I can write this to my database for tracking and marketing. Is there a way to use the same password and log someone into smugmug after I have completed writing the data to my database?

Comments

• Options
    adamcadamc Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited July 1, 2005
    I can help with at least the technical issue, although there may be some legal implications to doing things like this, so someone from SM may want to weigh in with their opinion. Basically, all I think you would need is to get a sessionID using the login call through one of the xml apis to which we have access. Then, just store this in a cookie in the same format that sm uses (see your cookie folder after login for the specifics) and you should be good. DISCLAIMER: I haven't tried this.

Naledge2u wrote:
    I'm new here so if this has been answered before, forgive me I just haven't been able to locate the answer.
    On my current website I capture login and email info, I want to be able to pass this info over to smugmug and auto login a client with out having them login twice. Currently I capture firstname, lastname, email addy, and password - I can write this to my database for tracking and marketing. Is there a way to use the same password and log someone into smugmug after I have completed writing the data to my database?
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2005
    It's *really* easy
    Naledge2u wrote:
    SM does NOT recommend stroring the password. But there is a way around.
    Once you login you'll get the hash back. You can store and reuse this hash as long as it's valid. Once it's become invalid you'll simply request password again, obtain new hash, store it, etc.

HTH
    "May the f/stop be with you!"