Options

DSS #42 - Three options for the challenge

michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
edited January 24, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges
Three options with different approaches. Thoughts?

1)
770677828_Jj4S9-XL.jpg

2)
771777705_Qm4cB-XL.jpg

3)
771298946_yjEY9-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2010
    #3 intrigues me the most but there're all good to go thumb.gif
  • Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2010
    All are excellent shots. And all are different approaches, as you note.

#1 is excellent "ambience" shot. I actually like how he is staring out of the frame as he looks lost in thought or just passively observing the everyday happenings in his, but out of our, field of view.

#2 is intriguing. An excellent subject whose thoughts are hidden, but active. It looks like he is observing happenings outside the window, but the reflections just give a hint that others are out there that he might be watching. And I cannot be certain what is reflected across his forehead: a bow? a car (of bamboo!?). And that looks like a CFL bulb at the top.

#3 is a wonderful people shot. The more I look at it, the more it seems as if the girl is the subject. Assumption is that they know each other, but it does not have to be so. What catches me off guard is their clothing. It looks very modern and fashionable.

For the contest, I recommend #2. #1 does not offer more after the first glance. #3 does not offer a context of the environment.
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2010
    #3 is wow+
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2010
    #3 was a fun shot to take. I think I'll probably go with it. I like the other two, but I'm not sure they will stand out from the crowd. At least this is distinct.

bfjr: thanks for the comment
    rainbow: very much appreciate your thoughts
    rutt: What comes after wow+ ?
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2010
    michswiss wrote:
    #3 was a fun shot to take. I think I'll probably go with it. I like the other two, but I'm not sure they will stand out from the crowd. At least this is distinct.

bfjr: thanks for the comment
    rainbow: very much appreciate your thoughts
    rutt: What comes after wow+ ?

Oh man I do so like #3, but my absolute favorite is #1! bowdown.gif I think anyone that sees that shot can come up with their own story for it--a break, seeking solace, alone, observing something outside the shot but what?-awesome comp too.

It's wow + infinity plus 1 (well you asked:D ).
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2010
    Yeah, it it were easy...

#1 is also really beautiful. I'm not sure it will work as well for a dgrin challenge as #3, which says more about the challenges than about these two pictures.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2010
    I think for the theme the best ones in order are 2,1,3
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2010
    Oh man I do so like #3, but my absolute favorite is #1! bowdown.gif I think anyone that sees that shot can come up with their own story for it--a break, seeking solace, alone, observing something outside the shot but what?-awesome comp too.

It's wow + infinity plus 1 (well you asked:D ).
    I think for the theme the best ones in order are 2,1,3

Now I'm conflicted. I put #3 in the gallery last night before bed and I wake up to see this. ne_nau.gif Liz, thanks for letting me know what comes after wow+. Pyroprints, do you feel they are all equally strong images or is #2 your fav? I'm willing to take a chance on not hitting the theme dead-on to have the strongest image in the comp.

I have a day at work to contemplate changing my choice. Thanks for your feedback.