Must see to appreciate
798-getaway-car-j4137-1.jpg
Anybody can do it.

Comments

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2010
    Hey Walter,

Man, there's nothing better than a good breakfast of rust to get a guy going in the morning. Throw a little ketchup on the more well done parts of that old Ford and I'm good for the day.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2010
    Hey Walter,

Man, there's nothing better than a good breakfast of rust to get a guy going in the morning. Throw a little ketchup on the more well done parts of that old Ford and I'm good for the day.

Tom

FORD!!! - I shoulda thunk that. Been up all night working and then tried to figure out what the heck kind of Chrysler or Plymouth that was. Errrg. Thanks :)
    Anybody can do it.
  • Options
    AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2010
    Hi Walter......That is a fine shot.....love the colors.....It's good thing Tom knows his cars....I was trying to figure out what kind of Plymouth it was too:D

azzaro
  • Options
    rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2010
    Love the paint job & I see the truck to the left was done in before we got all "politically correct" rolleyes1.gif
    Randy
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2010
    Love it!!!! And there's even sand in the headlight :D
  • Options
    Nikonic1Nikonic1 Registered Users Posts: 684 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2010
    rwells wrote:
    Love the paint job & I see the truck to the left was done in before we got all "politically correct" rolleyes1.gif

thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif
  • Options
    edited January 25, 2010
    Thanks everyone! And thanks again Tom for the tip. It's been a few days since I've had a chance to look it up, but as near as I can tell it's a 51.

http://www.misterw.com/Ford/51Ford03b.jpg

Sure is pretty- even when they're shiny. :)

-
    Anybody can do it.
  • Options
    edited January 25, 2010
    Hey Walter,

You may well be right about the year. I can't see enough to say for sure but they only made that body style in '49, '50 and '51. I would say '51 is a safe bet.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    Pine00Pine00 Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited January 25, 2010
    Hey Walter,

Tom
    Hi Wfeller
    I would gladly except your car as a trade in on my slightly used truck?mwink.gif
    Regards
  • Options
    edited January 25, 2010
    What is this? A Bobby Flay throw-down? :D:D:D

Tom
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,199 moderator
    edited January 25, 2010
    wfeller wrote:
    Must see to appreciate

Looks as if the vehicle has been shot more than once. mwink.gif
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    Pine00Pine00 Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited January 26, 2010
    David_S85 wrote:
    Looks as if the vehicle has been shot more than once. mwink.gif
    Yep! It lies on its own in the desolate and arid Richtersveld. Would love to know what the history is behind the vechile! Did it break down so badly that it could not be repaired or what?eek7.gif
    Regards
  • Options
    edited January 26, 2010
    Sorry, already have a truck- BTW, chrome > utility.

ID is strictly by grill features. I went by the double, large 'bullets' (at least that's what I thought they looked like when I was a kid) coming out of the grill which were distinctive to each year. Once Tom jogged my memory by bringing up "Ford" (still embarrassed), the rest was just looking up and comparing images.

There's no way to find out the individual histories on this and the other vehicles there.

-
    Anybody can do it.