Options

Lightroom 3 Beta released

2»

Comments

• Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2010
    wildviper wrote:
    Don't get me wrong, I like LR and use it, but there are basics that they have missed in search of more exotic stuff.
    'Exotic stuff' examples? ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2010
    DEAL: Free Lightroom 3 Beta Trial Download
    MOD EDIT: I Merged this thread (beginning with this post) to the current LR3 thread

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom3/?trackingid=FCEUG

Trial expires on April 30, 2010.
  • Options
    StevenSzaboStevenSzabo Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited January 21, 2010
    is this something different than the lightroom 3 beta that I've had for the last couple months?
  • Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2010
    is this something different than the lightroom 3 beta that I've had for the last couple months?

Sorry, I don't know. I just got the email notification from Adobe, so thought it was new. Have not seen any references to it on the DGrin forum.
  • Options
    edited January 21, 2010
    This has been out for nearly three months and provides an excellent opportunity to test drive some of the new features in LR3. Undoubtedly there will be additional new functions that Adobe will not allow to see the light of day until LR3 release.

However, for potential new users, I would suggest trialling LR2 is a better option (at least at first) as it is a 'complete' and mature application without missing functions, although it can be enabled for only 30 days.

After coming to grips with LR2, prospective users can then lift the covers on LR3 to see some of the new stuff that will be released later in the year.

The problem is that, with LR3 imminent (maybe more imminent if Aperture 3.0 shows its face), spending good money on LR2 may not be a good investment just now.
  • Options
    edited January 21, 2010
    I don't think so. The 'check for updates' function for my copy says I'm up to date. deal.gif
  • Options
    D0rk AngleD0rk Angle Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited January 25, 2010
    Does anyone know if this works well alongside an existing LR2 install? And, if it does, is there any real point in having both currently ... or should I just wait for the release and upgrade?
  • Options
    RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2010
    D0rk Angle wrote:
    Does anyone know if this works well alongside an existing LR2 install? And, if it does, is there any real point in having both currently ... or should I just wait for the release and upgrade?

Really - unless you have some strong need or desire to use the beta version (and provide feedback, too, I guess) your really do not need to do the beta.