Options

DSS43 - Ecclesiastical Architecture

pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
edited February 7, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges
Went exploring all the various churches and chapels in Princeton. Let me know what you think =c)

HDR, not sure if the effect is too much, i can take a regular one and rework it with regular processing
church2.jpg

Same Church, from outside.
church3-1.jpg

Different Church on Nassau St.
church_round_angle.jpg

I think this one is my favorite, both subject wise and processing wise. I'll probably call it The Guardian.
guardian.jpg
pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section

Comments

• Options
    bf2015bf2015 Registered Users Posts: 523 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2010
    Yeah, the guardian is pretty sweet!
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2010
    bf2015 wrote:
    Yeah, the guardian is pretty sweet!

15524779-Ti.gif
  • Options
    JerryBartonJerryBarton Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2010
    I also agree, although (quoting other comments on other pictures), the theme 'window' doesn't seem to come across strongly. Still, excellent photography.
  • Options
    rteest42rteest42 Registered Users Posts: 540 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2010
    I like the last as a photo best, but don't know if its a photo of a window or of a statue....
    I'd go with #1... I like the saturated color...
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2010
    Dont' want to be influenced by previous comments, so I haven't read them yet.

I really like the stained glass on #1-wish it was a little tighter is all, concentrating on the middle panels instead of the three.

I like your other shots too, especially the last one, but I get "window" from the first and statue from the last.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2010
    Dont' want to be influenced by previous comments, so I haven't read them yet.

I really like the stained glass on #1-wish it was a little tighter is all, concentrating on the middle panels instead of the three.

I like your other shots too, especially the last one, but I get "window" from the first and statue from the last.

Thanks all for comments. I love the guardian one, and think it'll be OK based on the topic description "If you're looking for a window of opportunity, just remember that when one door closes, another opens. Open or closed, your photo this round must include at least one door or window in the frame.", but i get what you guys are saying about it not being strong enough on the theme. I'll decide Sunday night =c) Meanwhile let me know what you think about this one.

Couldn't come in tighter, it loses a lot when the ceiling and columns are gone, but here is another version, non HDR.
    5a
    church2a.jpg

or square crop
    5b
    church2b.jpg
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • Options
    AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2010
    imho 5a. The square crop loses something for me.
    Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams