Options

Is upgrade offer from Elements to CS4 made frequently?

misterbiscuitmisterbiscuit Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited March 6, 2010 in Finishing School
Hi everyone! I recently received an offer from Adobe to purchase Photoshop CS4 Standard for $299 since I own a registered Elements license. The offer expires soon and I'm wondering whether I should jump on it or not. I don't necessarily need a Photoshop license right now and wouldn't mind waiting a year (or perhaps longer) before getting a license. However, I don't want to end up paying $699!

Those of you who have Elements: in your experience, does Adobe make this offer to Elements users on a regular basis? Or does it seem to be a "once per Elements license" offer?

I also recently purchased Lightroom 2. Does anyone know if Adobe makes similar offers to Lightroom users?

Comments

• Options
    run_kmcrun_kmc Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2010
    I own Lightroom, and I've never gotten a Photoshop offer of any kind from that.
  • Options
    eur0edeur0ed Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited February 12, 2010
    I have been a photoshop user since version 4 and I've never heard of a upgrade path from outside the Photoshop product line. Doesn't mean it hasn't happpened...but geeze, it's an amazing deal. Go for it! You'd be paying 380.00 total for something new users spend at least 700 for.
  • Options
    BinaryFxBinaryFx Registered Users Posts: 707 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2010
    Is it too good to be true? Perhaps it is a phishing scam to obtain your credit card details? Can you call an Adobe sales rep and confirm?

Photoshop CS5 will likely be released at some point in the near future, going by the approx. 18 month upgrade cycle.

Caveat emptor and all that...

Stephen Marsh

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~binaryfx/
    http://prepression.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    eur0edeur0ed Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited February 12, 2010
  • Options
    MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2010
    Hi everyone! I recently received an offer from Adobe to purchase Photoshop CS4 Standard for $299 since I own a registered Elements license. The offer expires soon and I'm wondering whether I should jump on it or not. I don't necessarily need a Photoshop license right now and wouldn't mind waiting a year (or perhaps longer) before getting a license. However, I don't want to end up paying $699!

Those of you who have Elements: in your experience, does Adobe make this offer to Elements users on a regular basis? Or does it seem to be a "once per Elements license" offer?

I also recently purchased Lightroom 2. Does anyone know if Adobe makes similar offers to Lightroom users?

I know they made this offer last summer as well.
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited February 12, 2010
    I have seen offers like this before and they are legitimate. I don't know how frequently they are available. It's a good deal for anyone who has reached the limits of Elements and is ready to move on. deal.gif
  • Options
    travischancetravischance Registered Users Posts: 642 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2010

I recieved the same offer and jumped on it about 2 weeks ago. Although I spent an hour on the phone with Adobe tech support - it now works as is should.
    Travis M. Chance
    twin Mark IV's & a bunch of "L" glass
    sitefacebook