Options

Under exposed was better in bright sun w/shadow @ ISO 50

2»

Comments

• Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited March 9, 2010
    Neil, I am guilty, as charged.

But I have not been name calling - that is what prompted my concerns, and why I felt I had to step in. I like both you fellows, and think you both offer good points.

If you wish to continue the discussion with craigd in a new thread, I am fine with that, as long as it remains civil. But no name calling, please.

I am just trying to keep everybody happy herethumb.gif

As for me, I shoot anywhere from ISO 50 to 3200, depending on the needs of the image and the lighting available or addable. And I feel free to add or remove noise as I prefer for the image.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2010
    pathfinder wrote:
    Neil, I am guilty, as charged.

But I have not been name calling - that is what prompted my concerns, and why I felt I had to step in. I like both you fellows, and think you both offer good points.

If you wish to continue the discussion with craigd in a new thread, I am fine with that, as long as it remains civil. But no name calling.

I am just trying to keep everybody happy herethumb.gif

As for me, I shoot anywhere from ISO 50 to 3200, depending on the needs of the image and the lighting available or addable. And I feel free to add or remove noise as I prefer for the image.

Fine by me, Jim.

Thanks for your help.

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • Options
    Jay25Jay25 Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited March 15, 2010
    Guys I was under the impression that a higher ISO for less light correct? If its sunny outside why bump the ISO pass 100? that means I would have to raise the shutter speed? Only thing is that I was not pretty high on the F stop. Should have gone higher to 16. We are talking about good light outside right?

The gentleman said to raise the ISOheadscratch.gif
  • Options
    NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2010
    Jay25 wrote:
    Guys I was under the impression that a higher ISO for less light correct? If its sunny outside why bump the ISO pass 100? that means I would have to raise the shutter speed? Only thing is that I was not pretty high on the F stop. Should have gone higher to 16. We are talking about good light outside right?

The gentleman said to raise the ISOheadscratch.gif

I suggest try ISO 200 f5.6 and 1/500sec or higher, and see if you like the look better.

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • Options
    Jay25Jay25 Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited March 15, 2010
    NeilL wrote:
    I suggest try ISO 200 f5.6 and 1/500sec or higher, and see if you like the look better.

Neil

I promise I will try this setting and see how this turns out.
  • Options
    OnlyEliseOnlyElise Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited October 30, 2010
    Jay25 wrote: »
    I promise I will try this setting and see how this turns out.

So I'm curious... it's been a few months since this thread was posted, I know, but I'd like to know if you ever figured out the issue. Was it your ISO, f-stop and shutter speed?
    I write at: Bumblejax - Wall Art from Digital Photos www.bumblejax.com

I work at: www.tinyroomproductionsonline.com