Options

Lost Presets in CS3 and CS4

canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
edited March 9, 2010 in Finishing School
I have just changed computers from XP to Windows 7. I had Photoshop CS3 and CS4 with all the presets in ACR installed on XP and now I have installed CS3 and CS4 on Windows 7 I have lost all the presets. Can anyone please tell me how I go about restoring these.
RegaRDS
Bob

Comments

• Options
    edited March 9, 2010
    canon400d wrote:
    I have just changed computers from XP to Windows 7. I had Photoshop CS3 and CS4 with all the presets in ACR installed on XP and now I have installed CS3 and CS4 on Windows 7 I have lost all the presets. Can anyone please tell me how I go about restoring these.
    RegaRDS
    Bob

Am I in the correct Forum asking this question?
    Regards
    Bob
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2010
    You would need to have saved them prior to clobbering your disk. They live in program files/adobe/Photoshop CS4/Presets

I'm not sure of the wisdom the drives having them there instead of under the user space, but if you did a reformat of your disk, they'd be gone unless you made a backup copy of your whole image.

I did the Vista x64 -> Win7 x64 upgrade and didn't lose anything in the flow; don't know if that was even an option for going from XP.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    edited March 9, 2010
    adbsgicom wrote:
    You would need to have saved them prior to clobbering your disk. They live in program files/adobe/Photoshop CS4/Presets

I'm not sure of the wisdom the drives having them there instead of under the user space, but if you did a reformat of your disk, they'd be gone unless you made a backup copy of your whole image.

I did the Vista x64 -> Win7 x64 upgrade and didn't lose anything in the flow; don't know if that was even an option for going from XP.

Thanks Andrew I never thought about saving them. I am sure I used the presets I had on Lightroom a long time ago. Once again I vaguely remember downloading these free and entering thgem into CS3 and CS4 through programme files.
    Regards
    Bob
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2010
    Then I guess you have to remember where your presets come from. I think there's a list of sites for actions and presets that Angie started as a sticky under weddings.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    edited March 9, 2010
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Then I guess you have to remember where your presets come from. I think there's a list of sites for actions and presets that Angie started as a sticky under weddings.

Thanks for that Andrew I have had a look where you suggested. I have found the download I used and it was a free download of presets for Adobe LR 2 and CS3. I have tried to download it again and all I am gettingt is version 1 and version 2 in the presets section in ACR in CS3 which will not open. It obviously isn't compatible with Windows 7. If anyone can help here I would so much appreciate it.
    Regards
    Bob