Options

Check This One Out....Amazing

2»

Comments

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2010
    Hi Anthony,

I'm pleased you enjoy seeing these cars as much as I do. I wish that all of you could attend a show of this caliber. The show actually covers a three day period....even though the cars are offered for viewing only on the final day, Sunday. There are auctions, art displays by the most renown automotive artist in the world, and presentations/talks put on by some of the most storied personalities of the auto world. This year Richard Petty was the featured personality....and he brought with him a whole stable of the cars he made famous in his spectacular career ( I think there were 10 of them ).

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2010
    FYI: I'm on the ultimatecarpage.com list, and they've just posted:

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/event/232/2010-Amelia-Island-Concours-d-Elegance.html

They have some interesting stuff coming up from time to time, and Wouter Melisen does a fine job of taking pics and making them available to the world (a bit like our own black mamba)

thumb.gif

- Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2010
    Hey Wil,

Thanks for the link. It's always interesting to see someone else's take on something you have knowledge of. I thought their write-up was pretty much right-on and supportive.

Be well,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.