Options

WCC #8 Wiiiiide

2»

Comments

• Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2010
    The story isn't about how we wound up in a grocery story, it's how we wound up in a grocery store twice on their wedding day :)
    And the story is ...... ?
  • Options
    tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2010
    So they shot is actually from my sister in law's (my wife's sister) wedding from last summer. They had a very small ceremony in my inlaw's backyard with only about twenty guests. The ceremony was in the late morning, with appetizers for lunch. Everyone planned to meet back up for dinner, leaving us plenty of time to go take photos in between. Originally, they wanted to go up to Yosemite for a few shots, but I discouraged it because of the travel time / traffic in the park, so we stuck around or local area.

The couple met when they both worked at the local grocery store, so I convinced them we needed to take a shot inside the store. Reluctantly they went with me, as they were cheered on by their co-workers and patrons (we live in a small town, everybody knows everybody). We found an aisle to ourselves, convinced my sister in law to get into the cart and shot this photo.

shannon_john-24.jpg

And we left. On to the next spot to take more photos, as they were getting embarrassed in the store. While we were out at the next spot, it suddenly hit me - I knew a MUCH better way to take the photo in the grocery store. So, being the brother, I convinced them to go back to the store with me and that we had to re-take the photo. Somehow I convinced them, and we went back to the store. I rigged the camera up to the cart, had my sister jump in and walked around the store for five minutes as my new brother pushed her around . I was dragging the shutter the entire time because I knew I wanted the effect, but at the same time it wasn't the same way to go. All told I think I snapped about 300 photos as he pushed her and only about 5 were usable.

But those five rock.
    shannon_john-25.jpg
  • Options
    cj99sicj99si Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2010
    Thanks for the story! I knew there had to be one! I like these shots as well, her fingers didnt get caught in the distortion in that B and W.