Options

Portfolios

2»

Comments

• Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2010
    Just got them
    They arrived 21 days after I ordered them. Not too shabby, only 6 days late all the way to Alaska from the Netherlands.

The quality is ok... not as good as prints on photographic paper. More similar to press print. But they seem to be quite durable. I am planning on keeping a set in my purse for an "easy to hand" portfolio. They seem worth the 20ish USD they cost.
    850946713_TNt3a-M.jpg
  • Options
    Gary Peterson PhotographyGary Peterson Photography Registered Users Posts: 261 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2010
    They look great!
    They arrived 21 days after I ordered them. Not too shabby, only 6 days late all the way to Alaska from the Netherlands.

The quality is ok... not as good as prints on photographic paper. More similar to press print. But they seem to be quite durable. I am planning on keeping a set in my purse for an "easy to hand" portfolio. They seem worth the 20ish USD they cost.
    850946713_TNt3a-M.jpg

Are they printed on the back side as well?
    Gary Peterson
    Gary Peterson
    Award Winning Photographer
    garypetersonphoto@earthlink.net

Winner Brides Choice Award 2017
    Winner Best of Spokane 2016
    Winner Brides Choice Award 2016
    Winner Brides Choice Award 2015
    Winner Best of Spokane 2015
    Winner Wedding Wire Couples Choice Award 2014
    Winner Best Photographer 2013 Spokane A-List
    Winner Brides Choice Award 2013
    Winner Best of Spokane Northwest Inlander 2012
    Winner Best Photographer Best of KREM 2011
    Winner Best Photographer Best of KREM 2010
    Winner Brides Choice Award 2011
    Winner Brides Choice Award 2010

(509) 230-9785

www.actionsportsimages.smugmug.com

• Options
    edited April 29, 2010
    Are they printed on the back side as well?
    Yes, and there are like 20 sheets... some of them I tucked up so you could see the photo quality.
  • Options
    Gary Peterson PhotographyGary Peterson Photography Registered Users Posts: 261 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2010
    I love them..
    Yes, and there are like 20 sheets... some of them I tucked up so you could see the photo quality.

Thats cool. I am going to order up a couple sets of them..cool to have them in the consultation room.....
    Gary Peterson
    Gary Peterson
    Award Winning Photographer
    garypetersonphoto@earthlink.net

Winner Brides Choice Award 2017
    Winner Best of Spokane 2016
    Winner Brides Choice Award 2016
    Winner Brides Choice Award 2015
    Winner Best of Spokane 2015
    Winner Wedding Wire Couples Choice Award 2014
    Winner Best Photographer 2013 Spokane A-List
    Winner Brides Choice Award 2013
    Winner Best of Spokane Northwest Inlander 2012
    Winner Best Photographer Best of KREM 2011
    Winner Best Photographer Best of KREM 2010
    Winner Brides Choice Award 2011
    Winner Brides Choice Award 2010

(509) 230-9785

www.actionsportsimages.smugmug.com

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2010
    Fairbanks can get hot... Interrior AK tends to get up to the 80s on a regular basis... it is much more extreme since it is farther from the coast. So very cold in winter and hot (er) in the summer. My parents could tell you Fairbanks stories... taking the milk to bed with them in hopes that it would stay thawed for breakfast, and it still freezes... water frozen before it hits the ground... But some people just love it up there. Me- I am too much of a wimp.

I thought that was just in lower rainforest area......dang now i may have to look more north....somewhere the temp doesn't rise above 65*F and no humidity............

The Portfolio looks great and Glad to hear you are very satisfied
    with them.thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited April 29, 2010
    Art Scott wrote:
    I thought that was just in lower rainforest area......dang now i may have to look more north....somewhere the temp doesn't rise above 65*F and no humidity............
    Well, where we are at it very rarely gets that hot... A good day is 75... Though I am laughing because the day before yesterday it was 56 degrees and you would have thought it was 100 with how many people complained of being too hot on Faceobook. Not me.. I just revel in any warmth.
  • Options
    fredjclausfredjclaus Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2010
    I've been researching all your ideas and have so far opted to put my portfolio on my website as well as print out a couple print versions. I have a small 4x6 carry around one that I show as a "brag" book, but I'm having an 8x10 artistic one made up as well.

I'm created one for weddings, and one for portraits. Not sure if I need one for event photography. For those of you who already have a portfolio, how many 8x10's do you normally include in one. Since this is a sample of what I can do, is 10 8x10 prints of weddings, and 10 of portraits good enough, or should I put in 20 in each album?
    Fred J Claus
    Commercial Photographer
    http://www.FredJClaus.com
    http://www.Fredjclaus.com/originals

Save on your own SmugMug account. Just enter Coupon code i2J0HIOcEElwI at checkout