Options

mother and daughter session

VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
edited May 24, 2010 in People
Here are a few more from a session I mentioned in a previous post. This is my SILs Aunt and cousin.
But first a little background....dad was in the oil business and the 3 of them lived in some unique places including Viet Nam and Siberia. The daughter is quite mature for her age , she is 15, she actually did most of the flying from Tucson on their visit with us. For the last 8 or so years Dad worked over seas and came home a few times a year, so mom and daughter have always been close. A recent divorce seems to have made them even closer, 2 peas in a pod. I am not sure which one acts more like a teenager, well, yes I do, it is the mom ! I have never known a 15 yr old and her mom to be so close and like best friends, so affectionate. Mom would be lost without her, guess UofA in Tucson would be a great college for her !! I really enjoyed this session.
863907803_hmoRz-L.jpg

863907802_HkcwN-L.jpg

863908048_w8EAt-L.jpg

863908481_SEytH-L.jpg

863908239_6nevS-L.jpg

SKY KING series, or should I say SKY QUEEN, and cub!

863908583_qMNSX-L.jpg

863908811_5qrGH-L.jpg

863908719_w9TBV-L.jpg

863908707_dvMYz-L.jpg
Trudy
www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700

Comments

• Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2010
    Oh my goodnesss. I think that perhaps the daughter got into my 80s clothes closet for that heart shirt.

I love what you did with 9. Where did you get the super cute frame?
  • Options
    edited May 20, 2010
    Oh my goodnesss. I think that perhaps the daughter got into my 80s clothes closet for that heart shirt.

I love what you did with 9. Where did you get the super cute frame?

Hey Heather! Not as cute as your stunning shots with helicopters and brides up in the snow but it is a start! And I only have desert nearby!
    Did you notice the airplanes on her other shirt?
    That frame is by Vincent Versace and it comes via OnOne software I think, but I am sure there are other ways to get it, he has several versions, I love them all. Thanks for taking time to comment.
    Trudy

NIKON D700
  • Options
    FlyNavyFlyNavy Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2010
    Putting the daughter in front on 7-9 might have a "slimming" effect?
  • Options
    edited May 21, 2010
    FlyNavy wrote: »
    Putting the daughter in front on 7-9 might have a "slimming" effect?

Yeah it would have and some were posed like that but this woman has a personality that stands alone and hiding her in all the photos would be a shame. She is a lot older than you may think, and I think she looks pretty good. In fact she is probably old enough to be her daughter's grandmother. I like that fact that she appears to be the protector, the mother lion, adventurous and looking off to the horizon. Sometimes the images are not just about being as flattering as possible. Thanks for looking and taking the time to comment.
    Trudy

NIKON D700
  • Options
    Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2010
  • Options
    Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2010
    Nice job!

One question though (nothing to do with photography…)

In #8, the fact that she's touching the propeller puzzles me. Just about all the pilots I know are very, very sensitive about anyone (including themselves) handling the propeller; in #8 it just looks a bit weird, that's all…

Nice pictures!

thumb.gif

- Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2010
    Cute series, you can really tell that they're best friends clap.gif
    1: Very nice, I bet that one will go on the wall iloveyou.gif
    2: Not my piece of cake
    3: not working for me - at all. the background looks "dirty" + you have something going on the bottom right of the chair (did you clone something??) headscratch.gif
    4: fun shot (might just watch that bra strap next time)
    5: Probably my favorite, love it iloveyou.gif
    6: Haha, cute thumb.gif
    8: I like the pose, but definitely enjoying the processing you did in #9 more , I think that makes the photo work realllllllllly well clap.gifclap
  • Options
    kris10jokris10jo Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2010
    #s 4 and 5 are my favorite of the bunch. the interaction between them is beatifully captured.
    Kristen
  • Options
    edited May 24, 2010
    Agnieszka wrote: »
    Cute series, you can really tell that they're best friends clap.gif
    1: Very nice, I bet that one will go on the wall iloveyou.gif
    2: Not my piece of cake
    3: not working for me - at all. the background looks "dirty" + you have something going on the bottom right of the chair (did you clone something??) headscratch.gif
    4: fun shot (might just watch that bra strap next time)
    5: Probably my favorite, love it iloveyou.gif
    6: Haha, cute thumb.gif
    8: I like the pose, but definitely enjoying the processing you did in #9 more , I think that makes the photo work realllllllllly well clap.gifclap

Thank you! #4.. that is not a bra strap, it is a tank top or camisole, I think she wanted it to show, well at least it showed all day long and she never attempted to move it, s you can tell it was really lose fitting anyway. I think she likes the loose layered look, even if it looks like her under garments are showing. And that is a popular look for dancers in particular. My DD wore it, drove me batty!!
    Trudy

NIKON D700